Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Boss dealer is saying I need a 2" leveling kit ( Rough Country 1323) on my truck to mount my Boss HTX 7'6"v blade. My truck already has the 2" factory trail boss lift. Is adding the leveling kit correct or are there better options?
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 chevy Z71 1500
13 Posts
My local Boss dealer is saying I need a 2" leveling kit ( Rough Country 1323) on my truck to mount my Boss HTX 7'6"v blade. My truck already has the 2" factory trail boss lift. Is adding the leveling kit correct or are there better options?
Thanks
I have a 2020 Silverado 1500 with plow prep that I’m running an 8’ Stainless Steel Straight blade which everyone says is too heavy but when I lift it the truck drops maybe 3/4”- 1” , it came from my F250 because on the trade in they’d only give an extra $500 for the SS Blade 😂 ,I’m glad they low balled me because the truck plows fine and rides fine and I didn’t have to buy a 7’6” steel blade . I’m only doing a handful of driveways the extra weight about 190lbs is no big deal especially since I’m plowing alone with no passenger weighing 200lbsor so , so it all equals out with a few 50lb bags of sand in the bed. That boss dealers a salesman trying to get more money out of you. I’d just run it without putting leveling spacers in because when you don’t have the plow on the truck then it won’t be level, right? Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My plow is on a 2008 1500 Silverado, regular cab truck.

At factory height, the plow would smash into the ground every time I hit a bump or went uphill/downhill etc. It sometimes just dragged on the ground! It sounded really really bad.

So I had to get a 2 inch leveling kit. And since then I have not noticed it make contact with the ground, although it is close, like 1 centimeter away.

With a factory 2 inch leveling kit, you should be ok. The only way to know for sure is to put the plow on and try it out.

·
Super Moderator
930 Posts
Start with around #500 lb of counterweight
Behind the rear wheels, next to the tailgate

it will balance out your truck ,
Help with handling, traction and it will lift the front.

Most leveling kits don’t give you Springs the more weight capacity that you need.

try air shocks/air bags.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had tried weight in the back of the truck to "bring the front up", but it didn't help at all. The only thing it did is perhaps give me a bit more traction on the back tires, making it harder to fish-tail. I had to get the 2 inch leveling kit to raise the front.

I have the DK2 plow, which is one of the cheapest, crappiest, lightest weight plows you can get. If you are using a massive plow with heavy weight, then maybe a leveling kit won't help you... The bigger plows aren't made for 1500's.

For the last 3 years, I have not used any weight in the back of my truck, and I like it better.

I am the guy who likes to fish-tail around every corner. Weight in the back affects fish-tail performance negatively.

I run my truck in the "Auto 4x4" setting. Which is rear wheel drive, and then if the back tires spin, the computer senses it, and kicks it into 4x4.

It depends on your plow, how heavy it is, etc. The only way to know, is to try, and then make improvements from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts