Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a newer truck a 2013 ram quad 1500 Big horn.
I did have a 2004 ram quad with the fisher plow and worked great for 8 years never had a problem.
2004 truck did sit higher by about 2 inches in the front.

It just grazes the ground on the driveway incline after passing backing out or driving in.

The 2013 truck is much closer to the ground and the plow frame just grazes my driveway when i travel up and back out. The plow frame that has the 3 bolt holes which is in the middle hole hits like i said the ground.

Here is a picture of the location asking can I move to the bottom hole?
What is involved
will the pistons be a problem under pressure?
What will this do moving it to the bottom hole? Does it change the angle of the plow moving about 2 inches to the bottom hole.

Has anyone changed this location and whats involved pulling the 2 pins and relocating to bottom hole?

thanks

fisher plow.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a newer truck a 2013 ram quad 1500 Big horn.
I did have a 2004 ram quad with the fisher plow and worked great for 8 years never had a problem.
2004 truck did sit higher by about 2 inches in the front.

It just grazes the ground on the driveway incline after passing backing out or driving in.

The 2013 truck is much closer to the ground and the plow frame just grazes my driveway when i travel up and back out. The plow frame that has the 3 bolt holes which is in the middle hole hits like i said the ground.

Here is a picture of the location asking can I move to the bottom hole?
What is involved
will the pistons be a problem under pressure?
What will this do moving it to the bottom hole? Does it change the angle of the plow moving about 2 inches to the bottom hole.

Has anyone changed this location and whats involved pulling the 2 pins and relocating to bottom hole?

thanks

View attachment 30764

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get an answer? I have the same issue having purchased a RAM Big Horn and taking the plow off of a Ford F-150

·
Registered
699 Posts
The plow frame (the triangle in your pic) should be level when on the ground.
You need to raise the frame or mount on your truck .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts