Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 dodge ram with a fisher 7.6 plow and 3 plug connection.

My passenger side directional will not blink. When I put the head lights on both filaments in the bulb light.
The truck side still blinks no problem.
I took the light backing off and removed the bulb and tried a different bulb same thing will not blink with lights off and with them on both light bright.

The driver side is ok when lights are on 1 filament lights then when i put that side blinker on the other filament blinks and works ok.

So i checked all the wiring, plugs on harness and under the hood nothing looks bad. I had this put on last year before the snow came so this is the second season to plow. I assumed the light was working/blinking last year.
Is there anything I can look for that might cause this. Dont think is a ground problem as the light is getting 12volts real bright. Just not blinking.

I wiggled some wires under the hood near the Isolation module to see if a loose wire but nothing.

Im getting my plow ready for this year and checked the lights and everything but this is working ok.

Thanks Bob in Boston

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i found the problem I guess last year when I had it installed i never checked the lights as I just gave the place my truck no plow was back at house.

Well Im sitting here watching football and I said i have to go take the truck headlight on passenger side out.
That meant taking the front grill off and top shroud. It was easy no big deal.

I got my hand in the trap door to push the clip down and then remove the 2 bolts from where the grill was.

Got the light assembly out and put my meter on the blinker light to see what pin was pulsing 12 volts I had the blinker on. Well the wire the place attatched to was the wrong wire. It was suppose to go to the white/brown stripe wire for the blinker to work. I cut wire and re attached to white/brown and now the passenger side blinker works correctly and all is good everything works as it should.

So the company in Saugus Ma. incorrectly attached to the wrong wire on the blinker connector. That is why the bulb lit brightly.

So that was my problem something minor but did not know it did not work last plow season. Oh here today in Boston the temp was 72 degrees so maybe we might not get some snow. I hope just 5 storms to plow thats all I need for my crazy money to buy some new toys. LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts