Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad's Buick had a problem show up immediately after having four new tires put on a month ago. Neither of us feels overly much like crawling under it right now in the snow, but are still curious why this problem occurred and if anyone knows anything about the system.

This thing used to monitor the tire pressure, now it reads low pressure all the time. The old tires were the OEM Firestone Affinity's and have been replaced with Michelin Destiny's. I kinda doubt that the car 'dislikes' the new tires. The pressure is the same 32psi as the old ones.

Is there a sensor that these yo-yo's at Canadian Tire could have disturbed or damaged?

I have absolutely no knowledge of these systems.

·
Registered
324 Posts
sounds like a stupid question but have you reset the light? i know on the impala police cars when i put new tires on it will kick the low pressure light on even with proper pressure, reset it and everything is ok again

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I'm not sure if the tires you're using are really at fault or not. Nor even what to suggest. Our 2000 LeSabre has had the Check Tire Pressure message come on since it was new. We've had the rims checked, put new tires on and everything we can think of. The worst of it is that it really does keep losing tire pressure - even with brand new tires. The last time, I bought four Goodrich tires. Took it back in about 200 miles under warranty and they were low. I've never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
lesabre pressure

I had a 2002 Lesabre. You should check the pressure in each tire when they are cold. Inflate them to the recommended tire pressure(cold). Get into the menu where it says low tire pressure, and hit the reset button. Then, if my memory isn't failing me, it says to drive 30 to 50 miles for the system to recalibrate. Good Luck and Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
towman said:
sounds like a stupid question but have you reset the light? i know on the impala police cars when i put new tires on it will kick the low pressure light on even with proper pressure, reset it and everything is ok again
Not being overly familiar with the controls of his car, how does one reset it? Is there a button for such things? lol he doesn't let anyone drive his NEW car... that he's had since 2000....

Mick, I dunno, but it does hold pressure no problem. That car's never had a flat, ever. He squeezed about 130k kms (around 82k miles) out of that set of OEM Firestones... should have been replaced around 85k because a tread cap was starting to loosen and they looked like race slicks...

I do have a tire-flattening mystery on the plow truck--- slow leak on a couple of the Kelly Safari's, yet they cannot be found. Rims were beadblasted and painted. The tire shop is mystified and seems convinced that I am draining them to make them crazy or something. :D I should do that but I don't...

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
reset

This happens when tires are rotated or changed the reset is in the fuse panel it has a red button hold it til it flashes.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved, reset button did it.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure if the tires you're using are really at fault or not. Nor even what to suggest. Our 2000 LeSabre has had the Check Tire Pressure message come on since it was new. We've had the rims checked, put new tires on and everything we can think of. The worst of it is that it really does keep losing tire pressure - even with brand new tires. The last time, I bought four Goodrich tires. Took it back in about 200 miles under warranty and they were low. I've never seen anything like it.
sometimes the drum parts of the rim get holes worn in them too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts