Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are calling for 2 -4 inches, some are saying 1-3, we already got about 1.5 or 2. I think they might have underestimated a little. I'm about thirty miles north of Pittsburgh. I just got back from Salting and will be going back out in about an hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
According to the meteorologist on WTIC AM 1080 in CT the secondary low will form off the coast of Cape Cod and CT will see 3 to 6 inches if not a little bit more :)

THINK SNOW!!!!!

Jay

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The pink area down in the SW corner of Ohio is every thing they said it would be. Snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain. Its 4 pm here now and it is 32f and still raining. Temp will drop later this evening so who knows what we will have by morning.

Tileman

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well so much for the drizzle and flurrys they were forcasting yesterday morn!!!!:D

Looks like another plowable event!

NWS is saying 2-4" also but We'll have to see around 11pm
when they do the later runs.

3 events in a week not to bad.
At least I won't have to thaw out any more FROZEN pipes!

Oh and Jay your to young to be listening to AM thats for seniors !
Oh sorry you ARE a senior member.:eek:

Lowly member
Bob
:shades

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well all week this was casted as very insignificant, if at all event. Today they have been increasing the potential with each shift change of forecasters LOL. Dynamike, the radar looks like the system passed you by 7:30 PMish? How much did you end up with?

Here's Gary's map on it. He underestimated my snow for the last storm, and I hope this is a bias his forecast has for my area, and that this is not made up for by overestimating this one ;) From what I've been reading today my area is maybe just barely north & west of where the significant changeover to sleet & freezing rain will be a major issue. If the cold air stays in place here I would end up at the high end of the 2"-4" predicted here. If we get into a period of freezing rain which is likely, that would knock my totals down a bit. At the very least, there will be a salt run Monday AM as temps are cast to go down to 18. Good luck to everyone that gets to play again!:grinz :cash

Attachments

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
BWAMX said:

Oh and Jay your to young to be listening to AM thats for seniors !
Oh sorry you ARE a senior member.:eek:

Lowly member
Bob
:shades

I know Bob....................My mother and father have it on all their radios so I happened to over hear that forecast this afternoon.

Believe me its Country 92.5 and 99.1 and Big D 103 for me buddy :)

Jay

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We got Four

We got four inches here maybe a little more, then it turned to freezing rain, now I think its just rain and it's about done. Plowed from 5:00 till 10:00, I'm gonna go back around three and clean up and finish.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
We're having a bust here. Got to about 1.5" before changing to a sleet\freezing rain. Been doing a sleet\freezing rain\ plain rain for about an hour or so now. The radar shows a whole lot of green still left to push through after the pink, so I think it might wash it all away?? At least we'll get to salt Mon AM because the lots won't dry out for sure.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
its 2 to 4 today for here , will see what actually happens

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Working on a dusting so far radar doesnt look very impressive but they claim it should fill in as time goes on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a strange 24 hours

24 hours ago it was 4 degrees here. Started to warm up some mid morning, started snowing around 2:00p.m. snowed till around 10:00p.m. then turned to freezing rain then rain. We got a little over 4" of snow. At 1:30 this morning (35 degree's) I was plowing wet snow, slush, and water. Pavement was just wet as soon as it was plowed. I got done around 5:00a.m. and lot was wet with a little slush. Went back at 7:00a.m. and it was all ice. Salted the crap out of it and it's all good now. Temps are dropping off again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Still snowing lightly,about 2" max so far , hope it will pick up some, but it doesn't look like it will.

The same here will warm up to around 32-35 max then DROP
back into the single numbers.

Plow then instant ice.

Need 3" so the residentials don't complain YOU here again???

Hey Bill, PROSNO better DANCE.
:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Nice Jay!!

We changed back to all snow & pretty heavy for a while at around 1:30. NWS says we may get another 1 or 2, but it has slowed down now, and the radar looks like it will pull outta here soon. Nap time!!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Its stopped here we got about one inch:mad: so much for 2 to 4 at least I didnt fall for it and mount up the plows :D

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
;) Well those goldurn weather guessers were way off again !!!

Calling for 2" - 4" in my area ( after upgrading from 1"-2"

I have areas that I pushed 6" accumulation and a couple of Stamford residentials that had every bit of 8"

One Dry cleaner lot left their delivery van right in the middle of everything, so I guess it's an early morning run for me to clear it up after the owner moves the van...
OH WELL !!! Two Visits , two charges

:cash :cash :cash

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
the weather guessers cant seem to get the forcasts strait on for snofall but thats alright i always like when we see more than they predict... it when the predict were gonna get some and we dont that gets frustrateing...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts