Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked to see if this has been asked but didn't find anything. I'm looking at a 1984 Dodge W150 prospector. It has never been used as a plow truck and I plan on using it as one. Can someone recommend a truck mount for a plow? I have not had any luck and it looks like having something fabricated is my only option. I only take care of a couple driveways for some friends a relatives.

Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't think you are going to find anyone still making a mount for a truck that old. At that time, all the plows would have been conventional style and all conventional plows are decades obsolete. There isn't enough demand for companies to engineer and manufacture mounts for trucks that they might sell 1 per year of. So having something custom fabricated would be your only option - assuming you are capable of doing it yourself. If not, it almost certainly isn't cost effective to do so as you'd be well into the thousands between labor and parts.. You'd be better off just buying a complete different used truck with a plow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you are going to find anyone still making a mount for a truck that old. At that time, all the plows would have been conventional style and all conventional plows are decades obsolete. There isn't enough demand for companies to engineer and manufacture mounts for trucks that they might sell 1 per year of. So having something custom fabricated would be your only option - assuming you are capable of doing it yourself. If not, it almost certainly isn't cost effective to do so as you'd be well into the thousands between labor and parts.. You'd be better off just buying a complete different used truck with a plow.
Thank you I appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts