Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning the workshop this past weekend and came across this picture of my 1980 International Scout 2 w/ Fisher Plow. This picture was taken probably in 1985. I was in Pittsburg New Hampshire with friends going hiking and instead of going over that bridge in the background, I freaked them all out and drove to the side of the bridge, down into the water and took a left and started driving down the Connecticut River. I had scoped this out the day before when I was out driving by myself so I knew that the water was only 3" deep.

Attachments

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Today the EPA would throw you in the slammer for a multitude of violations! Funny how we ever survived through all the things we've done in the past!:wink :zoinks :headwall

Those Scouts were really nice, my Mom's cousin owned a dealership and would always come to visit in a brand new one. I had my heart set on one of the turbo/diesel ones, but by the time I could drive and afford a vehicle, the line had been dropped.

IH made about the toughest light truck out there. Many components were shared with their big brothers. A construction company I worked for had IH service trucks, one ton chassis, and they refused to die! They ran them until the bodies fell off, and even then used them for yard trucks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
One of the first trucks i ever drove plowing belonged to the guy up the street.
Early 70's International pick up with V8(304ci?) 4 spd tranny.
What a beast, thing would go anywhere.
We used to use it to pull his semi when it was stuck in the mud in the spring.
I don't think we ever got it stuck even in 1' of nasty clay.

Dan

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Those scouts are strong as hell but rust like anything in the rear quarter pannel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts