Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we've had record low temps and sea effect snow, no large accumulations but daily snows of 2-6" today was the 12th day in a row we've plowed, and tomorrow, we'll be out at 4 am.
here's a couple of pics, The trackless blowing out a drifted sidewalk.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's one of it blowing back some banks .

Ps notice the black peeking thru on the drive, with a little sun, temps were -18c ( about 6 F), treated salt works.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
12 days in a row!?!?
I havent seen 12 plowable events in almost 3 years...and i'm not kidding.

What happened to our winter?

mac

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey there MAC don't complain too much you could be here on the Cape:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year we plowed or salted 79 days, started Nov 7th, this year nothing in Nov, DEc was decent especially since over Christmas it was down right warm, ands now a deep freeze.

Bill

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyways got to go to bed, but just checked my weather forecast,
Mon snow likely
Tues Snow showers
Wed occasional snow
Thus snow showers
Fri mainly cloudly with snow showers
Sat a few snow showers
Sun snow showers:haha plowing! plowing!
Eat your hearts out!

Bill

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do you have a couple crews so you can catch up on sleep? I couldn't imagine plowing for that many days in a row:eek: I can hardly do 3 days without complaining about there being too much snow and wanting some sleep. Hmm now I now why you easterners have such nice plow trucks, its pretty much a second home for you:burnout

·
Registered
569 Posts
Man, any time we get dumped on I always say, "Could be worse. We could be livin' on the East Coast." I don't know how you guys do it. I'd be divorced if I plowed that much. I'd also be ready to check into the looney bin.

I'll take my long hours with landscaping in the summer thank you. At least I know that when it's dark it's time to go home. Also if you're behind schedule it's no biggy, just catch up the next day.

Frankly, if I could I'd just have a small little route of about 4hrs that I could do myself, and have a spare driver that could handle it no problem if I wanted to go away now and again. Someday...:wink

·
Registered
218 Posts
[email protected]!! 12 days in a row! Must be making some nice $$$ Divorced? My wife would love me if I billed out 12 days straight of snow removal. Geeze, I would love me if I could bill out 12 days straight removal! :cash :cash

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
paponte said:
[email protected]!! 12 days in a row! Must be making some nice $$$ Divorced? My wife would love me if I billed out 12 days straight of snow removal. Geeze, I would love me if I could bill out 12 days straight removal! :cash :cash
Have plows will travel.........................payup

Will that be in Canadian or USA dollars?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have plows will travel.........................
Yeah really for that kind of money! :cool:

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
GUYS......Come on up to Syracuse NY area............

We have been plowing EVERY day since the 1st. of Jan.
Tiresome...YES........Boring ? HECK NO!...A new adventure
every day !

Can't wait for the next billing cycle ! $$$$................geo:D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sonjaab- you need to get a digital camera man!! Then you can post some pics of your area- maybe one of these days the boss and I'll will come out for a couple of drinks and bring my camera with me.

Here's a couple of shots from my area- not too far from Sonjaab- and the piles I have going at one of my residential accounts.

Bill

200" a year on average- lot's of lake effect!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts