Snowplow Forums banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Did you have to work out to carry the full weight of the internet on your shoulders? Is that a squat type exercise or more of a pilates thing?
More of a moral imperative thing....
I legitimately can't tell if you are being serious and believe that.

Why don't you email MJD and tell him about your noble work of ridding the internet of free speech to see if he'll hire you. I'm sure an atta-boy will be owed you at the very least.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Allow me to make clear: all opinions expressed are my own and do not represent the opinions of any manufacturer whose product(s) I sell.
Yeah, but if your were caught on video ranting about hating group a or group b of immigrants —don’t you think Maybe Douglas Dynamics would not want to associated with that viral video? Especially if it is clear you sell their products?
Is there a particular video of someone that you are referring to or is this just more of a thought experiment kinda thing?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

Why don't you email MJD and tell him about your noble work of ridding the internet of free speech to see if he'll hire you. I'm sure an atta-boy will be owed you at the very least.
free speech doesn’t apply to a message board, video provider service, or other privately own company space on the web. I guess you didn’t that part in the user agreement on the websites. It is why they even own your content that you generate. So, in a sense the owners themselves by this virtue are taking on the responsibility of ensuring the content is within their stated guided lines—which is to maximize profits by attracting ads and clicks... lets see does racism sound to you like a good policy to achieve that goal?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Is there a particular video of someone that you are referring to or is this just more of a thought experiment kinda thing?
It’s hypothetical... it is also grounded in reality since tucker Carlson is losing advertisers due to his racist comments...

·
Registered
232 Posts

free speech doesn’t apply to a message board, video provider service, or other privately own company space on the web. I guess you didn’t that part in the user agreement on the websites. It is why they even own your content that you generate. So, in a sense the owners their by take on the responsibility of ensuring the content is within their stated guided lines—which is to maximize profits by attracting ads and clicks... lets see does racism sound to you like a good policy to achieve that goal?
Again, is there some specific incident you are referring to?

And either way, do you have stock in either PS or LTS? If not, why do you care? Are you genuinely concerned for their bottom line or are you that hard up for a pat on the back? If it's the latter, try helping an old lady at the supermarket with her groceries. You'll get a better response that way.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It’s hypothetical... it is also grounded in reality since tucker Carlson is losing advertisers due to his racist comments...
Not so much here, but PS is in good hands with moderators keeping unacceptable content at bay that advertisers would find objectionable. I'm pretty sure they dont need your help.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Again, is there some specific incident you are referring to?

And either way, do you have stock in either PS or LTS? If not, why do you care? Are you genuinely concerned for their bottom line or are you that hard up for a pat on the back? If it's the latter, try helping an old lady at the supermarket with her groceries. You'll get a better response that way.
They are whole owned by private companies.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Btw, you do appreciate the irony of someone whose antics got him banned lecturing the rest of us on proper forum etiquette, right?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Not so much here, but PS is in good hands with moderators keeping unacceptable content at bay that advertisers would find objectionable. I'm pretty sure they dont need your help.
No one has ever posted a meme at PS mocking Feminists comparing them to Aliens? Or posting memes about Bill Cosby date raping people as a joke to corporate compliance with sexual harassment programs? No, or how about random stalker photos of women? To mention a few things...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Btw, you do appreciate the irony of someone whose antics got him banned lecturing the rest of us on proper forum etiquette, right?
Actually that little injustice is what sent me on my quest... I found it interesting that calling for shooting of welfare recipients as an acceptable joke where as my sardonic comment about their need to devalue human misrepresented as a great irony actually... then it dawned on me the bigger question was about social norms of the ps community that I violated. If I said I sleep with a .45 under my pillow just Incase of trouble I would be fine. But I mocked the cadre of long time users and that was unacceptable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Actually that little injustice is what sent me on my quest... I found it interesting that calling for shooting of welfare recipients as an acceptable joke where as my sardonic comment about their need to devalue human misrepresented as a great irony actually... then it dawned on me the bigger question was about social norms of the ps community that I violated. If I said I sleep with a .45 under my pillow just Incase of trouble I would be fine. But I mocked the cadre of long time users and that was unacceptable.
Duh. How stupid of me for not seeing it sooner. You got butt hurt over being slighted so now you are on a quest to stir up trouble for PS and those who wronged you. You must have had a very tumultuous high school life.

And here, all along, I thought it was us you were all pissy about. Guess that was just my ego. Oh well.

Anyway, let us know how the story ends. Maybe someone will write a Greek tragedy about it some day. Or an after school special maybe.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Duh. How stupid of me for not seeing it sooner. You got butt hurt over being slighted so now you are on a quest to stir up trouble for PS and those who wronged you. You must have had a very tumultuous high school life.

And here, all along, I thought it was us you were all pissy about. Guess that was just my ego. Oh well.

Anyway, let us know how the story ends. Maybe someone will write a Greek tragedy about it some day. Or an after school special maybe.
I am not a fan of institutional based bias. Have you ever actually read the ps forum rules— 90% of the long term older members would be banned if they followed them. You have users advocating violence towards specific groups, harass members with differing ideas, and my favorite promoting road rage and illicit drug use... everyone of the core members of the have broken the rules numerous times and have never been banned—ask yourself why?

Is it because these members give the best advice? Probably not. Since they more often then not derail the threads or turn them into fights with members they don’t like .

Is because they generate usable content? Not that much really most of is confined to the members only areas. And the stuff in the other places usually ends inside jokes and nonsense— I am pretty sure no one will want a Walter or care about 100% positive traction in the ps magazine.

Is it because they generate views of ads? Bingo. By the amount of time the spend scrolling along they generate sellable information about presences based on topics read and so on. Thus we have found their usefulness... reliable dependable clickers.

That is all you are to the corporate machine. And since anything that upsets this gravy train is bad you dispose of it even if you have to lie... hence my mission.

·
Registered
682 Posts
@ WalterFGBS
You sound bitter and petty.
They won’t let me play in the raindeer games so I’m going to ruin it for everybody.

Are you by chance related to AOC
Or that nasty thing from Minnesota with the rag around her head ?

What is your stance on manhole covers do you believe they should be renamed ?

Hey,
I found Connor singing at the tallent
Show .

·
Registered
682 Posts
I need a Bernie bobble head for my Walter trucks...
What is this, a political opinion that might not be supported by the majority Or the minority or it might not be supported by the owners of the site or it might not be supported by its advertisers.

Strike it down , strike it down now.

You sir, are a hypocrite .

·
Registered
232 Posts
I need a Bernie bobble head for my Walter trucks...
What is this, a political opinion that might not be supported by the majority Or the minority or it might not be supported by the owners of the site or it might not be supported by its advertisers.

Dont be silly. Everyone knows that political opinions are automatically acceptable so long as they are left wing. It's only the right wing that are automatically offensive.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

It is a political statement. It just isn’t a racist one.

·
Registered
232 Posts

It is a political statement. It just isn’t a racist one.
Since when does "not pro-feminist" = "racist"?

Oh wait, I forgot. Anyone who doesn't support Bernie is automatically racist.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts