Snowplow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
modern computer traction control has nothing to do with it.
actually they apply a brake to slow the spinning wheel, this in no means will result in traction for the other wheels.

to further dispel this marketing slogan that seems to have disappeared with the truth in advertising act....

Tractive Force Calculation for a Vehicle:
The maximum permissible traction force that can be applied to the wheels is governed by two things: the weight of the vehicle and the adhesion/friction coefficient between the tire and the road surface. More the weight and the adhesion coefficient more amount of tractive force can be applied to the wheels without causing slips between the tires and road.

note, it has nothing to do with the vehicles antiquated drive system.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I didn't chose to be silent— I just chose silence over nonsensical responses from you. No, contradiction as far as I can see.
And yet you continuously quote me in hopes of getting a response - that is a clear contradiction.

But of course it really isn't - because you, by your own admission, are just trolling to get a rise out of people. "Hook line and sinker" I believe were your exact words. You talk about us who keep bringing up 100% positive traction and yet you manage to work it into the discussion for a guy looking for a new V plow for his F150.

So, I gather that your definition of "nonsensical" is "didn't take the bait." Sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
677 Posts
And yet you continuously quote me in hopes of getting a response - that is a clear contradiction.

But of course it really isn't - because you, by your own admission, are just trolling to get a rise out of people. "Hook line and sinker" I believe were your exact words. You talk about us who keep bringing up 100% positive traction and yet you manage to work it into the discussion for a guy looking for a new V plow for his F150.

So, I gather that your definition of "nonsensical" is "didn't take the bait." Sorry to disappoint.
"like".....

·
Registered
677 Posts
published tractive force value for any vehicle may be theoretical.

tractive , effort, or traction.
the term's usage in mechanical applications in which the final stage of the power transmission system is one or more wheels in frictional contact with a roadway.

If the drive wheels have such a torque applied to them that they are on the point of slipping in the plane of the wheel, then the value of adhesive force between tire and road surface has been reached (φ WR), where φ is the coefficient of adhesion between tire and road surface, and WR is the weight on the rear wheels. Under these conditions the engine torque has reached the maximum useful value for the present set of conditions, as any increase would only result in slip and lower acceleration. Static friction is higher than kinetic friction.

Tw = Te ig if ht [N m]

and

TE =Tw / Rw [N]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
modern computer traction control has nothing to do with it.
actually they apply a brake to slow the spinning wheel, this in no means will result in traction for the other wheels.

to further dispel this marketing slogan that seems to have disappeared with the truth in advertising act....

Tractive Force Calculation for a Vehicle:
The maximum permissible traction force that can be applied to the wheels is governed by two things: the weight of the vehicle and the adhesion/friction coefficient between the tire and the road surface. More the weight and the adhesion coefficient more amount of tractive force can be applied to the wheels without causing slips between the tires and road.

note, it has nothing to do with the vehicles antiquated drive system.
Antiquated? I guess you better tell that to Torsen...

·
Registered
232 Posts
published tractive force value for any vehicle may be theoretical.

tractive , effort, or traction.
the term's usage in mechanical applications in which the final stage of the power transmission system is one or more wheels in frictional contact with a roadway.

If the drive wheels have such a torque applied to them that they are on the point of slipping in the plane of the wheel, then the value of adhesive force between tire and road surface has been reached (φ WR), where φ is the coefficient of adhesion between tire and road surface, and WR is the weight on the rear wheels. Under these conditions the engine torque has reached the maximum useful value for the present set of conditions, as any increase would only result in slip and lower acceleration. Static friction is higher than kinetic friction.

Tw = Te ig if ht [N m]

and

TE =Tw / Rw [N]
Ok, I follow. So what you are trying to say is Tw=:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ok, I follow. So what you are trying to say is Tw=:

yes.......

F = μt W

= μt m ag (1)

F = traction effort or force acting on the wheel from the surface (N, lbf)

μt = traction - or friction - coefficient between the wheel and the surface

W = weight or vertical force between wheel and surface (N, lbf))

m = mass on the wheel (kg, slugs)

ag = acceleration of gravity (9.81 m/s2, 32.17405 ft/s2)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Antiquated? I guess you better tell that to Torsen...
FYI
Id tell it to MR.Vernon Gleasman the inverter.
All Torsen differentials have their origin in the Dual-Drive Differential that was invented and patented by Gleasman in 1958.

Torsen is a portmanteau of Torque-Sensing so I see no need to tell it to a portmanteau nor could you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes.......

F = μt W

= μt m ag (1)

F = traction effort or force acting on the wheel from the surface (N, lbf)

μt = traction - or friction - coefficient between the wheel and the surface

W = weight or vertical force between wheel and surface (N, lbf))

m = mass on the wheel (kg, slugs)

ag = acceleration of gravity (9.81 m/s2, 32.17405 ft/s2)

Hold on, hold on. I'm still calculating from last time

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
FYI
Id tell it to MR.Vernon Gleasman the inverter.
All Torsen differentials have their origin in the Dual-Drive Differential that was invented and patented by Gleasman in 1958.

Torsen is a portmanteau of Torque-Sensing so I see no need to tell it to a portmanteau nor could you.
https://torsen.com/how-it-works/

Or Torsen traction the company selling them today.

·
Registered
677 Posts
what about Torvec?

Actually you would have to tell it to someone at JTEKT Torsen, a Subsidiary of JTEKT North America Inc.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
nope,
a company is not a person, you can't ask it anything. it is a inanimate object.
Actually, companies according to the legal rulings like Burrell v. Hobby lobby , Dartmouth v. Woodard and Citizens Untied v. FEC have given specific rights associated with persons to companies.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Actually, companies according to the legal rulings like Burrell v. Hobby lobby , Dartmouth v. Woodard and Citizens Untied v. FEC have given specific rights associated with persons to companies.
so what, well, I guess you can communicate with immanent objects.

my statement holds, you cant talk to thorsen a trademarked word.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes, you are right I cannot talk to Torsen the word but I can call up the company...
Torsen no longer exesists. it has been bought cant you comprehend what has been posted.

torsen is just a trademarked word. to day torsen is "JTEKT Torsen", a Subsidiary of JTEKT North America Inc.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Torsen no longer exesists. it has been bought cant you comprehend what has been posted.

torsen is just a trademarked word. to day torsen is "JTEKT Torsen", a Subsidiary of JTEKT North America Inc.
Again, this is a red herring... I can still call up the manufacturer no matter what their present name is to talk to them.

41 - 60 of 159 Posts