Snowplow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don’t care if the snow report says you got 15 feet of snow

Those trucks are driving on plowed roads they are not plowing 3 feet of snow .

they wany road grader or any other truck could’ve performed the same job
Those two pictures are from a guy on a Facebook group for Walter Enthusiasts... I didn’t take the pictures of the truck and I have no idea what role the truck played during the storm. I just know they got 3 feet + of snow and it was out pushing snow sometime during or just after the snow fall.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thinking about slapping a Cummins 290 Big Cam In my FGBS...

EXTRA TORQUE AND POWER GETS ME ALL WARM AND GOOEY INSIDE.

·
Registered
646 Posts
100% traction is still the best...
No it isn’t.

Why do you plow 4 inches of snow ?
so the public can have clear roads to drive on

There are a lot of massive snow moving Equipment and is more massive than a walter used to move last snow that are more efficient and better job so I guess you would leave the Walter parked because it’s a piece of junk.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No it isn’t.

Why do you plow 4 inches of snow ?
so the public can have clear roads to drive on

There are a lot of massive snow moving Equipment and is more massive than a walter used to move last snow that are more efficient and better job so I guess you would leave the Walter parked because it’s a piece of junk.
Hook line and sinker... I posted that to bait you and others. 100% positive traction has nothing to do with plowing. It is a general statement about traction control vs no traction control. And if you can achieve traction to the wheel(s) that grip(s) it is better than wasting power to wheels that are slipping... hence the reason that car and truck manufacturers produce vehicles with traction control.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hook line and sinker... I posted that to bait you and others. 100% positive traction has nothing to do with plowing. It is a general statement about traction control vs no traction control. And if you can achieve traction to the wheel(s) that grip(s) it is better than wasting power to wheels that are slipping... hence the reason that car and truck manufacturers produce vehicles with traction control.
Mind highlighting where I mentioned plowing?

I posted my simple fact because I knew you’d come back with some illogical rant just like you did.

You’re the one that grabbed the bait quickly after I posted and you swallowed it .

Ps
Traction control has no relevance to the amount of traction or the friction cohesive between the vehicle and the surface .

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Mind highlighting where I mentioned plowing?

I posted my simple fact because I knew you’d come back with some illogical rant just like you did.

You’re the one that grabbed the bait quickly after I posted and you swallowed it .

Ps
Traction control has no relevance to the amount of traction or the friction cohesive between the vehicle and the surface .
Never said traction control creates traction just that it is better to have it than not...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That doesnt sound like something I'd do
You meant it to be an insult but i think fell flat... at least from the pdf of posts my friend sent me from the Craigslist thread... just a side note gradability isn’t only a function tire cohesion to the surface; it is also a function of tractive effort.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
"Friend", ha! Sure.
It’s fascinating to watch you people continually mention the Walter 100% Traction or 4 point positive drive slogans over and over think it is some type of big laugh. Who knew a traction control system based on worm wheels and gears could be so entertaining.

21 - 40 of 159 Posts