Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would hope so , well ,,, at least two of the wheels will have traction seeing as how they’re on pavement but even then The friction coefficient could be below 100%

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would hope so , well ,,, at least two of the wheels will have traction seeing as how they’re on pavement but even then The friction coefficient could be below 100%
Actually, you don’t understand the Walter system at all do you? In a conventional non-traction controlled system the tractive effort would be lost with two wheels slipping and two wheels on the opposite side of the truck gripping. With automatic torque proportioning differentials the tractive effort is transferred to the wheels that grip and thus preventing slipping making for a Four Point Positive Drive with 100% Traction that Walter Claimed.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You don’t understand what “traction”
Is.

Yes we all understand how a differential works the only place there is any traction is between the tire and the surface it is on
If this vehicle ever achieved 100% traction it would rip itself apart.

I wonder what seurface it would need to be on to achieve 100% traction ?
Have your heard about friction friction coefficient is there anything like that.

Advertising has gone to your pointy head.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don’t understand what “traction”
Is.

Yes we all understand how a differential works the only place there is any traction is between the tire and the surface it is on
If this vehicle ever achieved 100% traction it would rip itself apart.

I wonder what seurface it would need to be on to achieve 100% traction ?
Have your heard about friction friction coefficient is there anything like that.

Advertising has gone to your pointy head.
If you have 20,000 ft-lbs of tractive effort to move the vehicle and you start to slip with with normal locking differentials you would have 50% front to rear left to right and so on. If half of the truck is on ice you get 50% of the 20,000ft-lbs of tractive effort working for you to propel you forwards. The Walter would divide the power to wheels that grip only giving them proptionately more torque than the slipping wheels thus distributing 100% of the total tractive effort to correct wheels to maximize traction.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Again you were using the word traction ,Tractive effort or whatever you wanna call it or stillusing it Incorrectly.

Once again all you’re doing is describing how a differential works .
a differential cannot create traction.

Again,,,The only place traction exists is between the tire and the surface that Tire is on.

Your beloved sales brochure is skirting the facts and lying to you...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Tractive Effort: it is the sum of the tractive force and rolling effort on the road surface. is the horizontal force available for the vehicles for pulling the load.

This has nothing to do with the actual traction the vehicle has between the wheels and the surface it is on.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Note ;that the tractive force is equal to the frictional force between the wheel and the ground. If the wheel is rolling along and not slipping, it is equal to the static friction. If the applied force exceeds the maximum static friction then the wheel will start to slip, and now the tractive force is equal to the maximum kinetic friction.

Period

·
Registered
650 Posts
Again
TRACTION can be defined as the friction between a drive wheel and the surface it moves upon. It is the amount of force a wheel can apply to a surface before it slips. A wheel will have different traction on different surfaces; as , the coefficient of friction is based on pairs of surfaces.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again
TRACTION can be defined as the friction between a drive wheel and the surface it moves upon. It is the amount of force a wheel can apply to a surface before it slips. A wheel will have different traction on different surfaces; as , the coefficient of friction is based on pairs of surfaces.
All of this true and it still doesn’t change the idea that you can apply 100% of theoretical vehicles traction to any surface... this called the coefficient of adeshion... and that is all Walter is claiming that their trucks make 100% usage of the total available traction and tractive force they have in nearly all conditions.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Doing What it does best like, driving around on bare pavement ...
with a little snow-bugger on the front of low it looks like he ran into a snowbank .
Thetruck is to clean to have plowed 3feet of snow.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doing What it does best like, driving around on bare pavement ...
with a little snow-bugger on the front of low it looks like he ran into a snowbank .
Thetruck is to clean to have plowed 3feet of snow.
They are clearly using it on this day for benching the banks... I don’t know if it was out in the big storm. I don’t live in Ellisberg ,NY. These pictures seem to be of the clean up process after the storm.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/weather/2019/02/3-feet-of-snow-fell-during-upstate-ny-lake-effect-storm-chart.html

So, yeah it isn’t my truck...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I’m not following link to your Tubeyou site.

benching a road that has already been plowed Isn’t going through 3 feet of snow is it?

·
Registered
650 Posts
The link is not a YouTube site.... it is for the snow report.
I don’t care if the snow report says you got 15 feet of snow

Those trucks are driving on plowed roads they are not plowing 3 feet of snow .

they wany road grader or any other truck could’ve performed the same job

1 - 20 of 159 Posts