Snowplow Forums banner

Leasing Farm Tractors

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Discounts 
#1 ·
I have heard someone say they lease farmers tractors for the winter snow plowing. I would like some ideas on what kind of money you pay out to lease a tractor from a local farmer. Do you pay by the hour meter or for the season.
Thank you any info will be great.

#2 ·
Cant really help you with a rental rate. Around here they do use alot of farm tractors in the bigger lots , but it usually is the farmer who makes the monthly payment on the tractor running it on a sub basis.

Just MDAHO , but you would be hard pressed to find a farmer to to rent out his bread and butter machines to let just any one run.

Maybe a ag dealer in your area may rent them on a seasonal basis????

#3 ·
Back when i was cutting cabbage in 94 my boss rented a big JD 8 tired tractor and i believe he paid 200 bucks a day as soon as it was started no matter how many hours he used it...

#4 ·
Our JD leases out close to 40 of them and the CNH dealer Kubota Dealer lease a pile out also. Tractors are everywhere around here and depending on what you want, they lease out for around 12-20k with blades for 5 months with a 300 hoiur cap. I know the one dealer leases Kubota's out for 5 years for 15k/year and the buyout is 15k. No one leases farm tractors/storm or by the hour here. Since we are farmers we have leased other farmers tractors for 5k/year and we installed our blade but it's not common practice. Most large landscape and construction companies are all leasing tractors now.

#5 ·
Dave - I'd be interested in knowing more about the Kubota dealer. :wink

Maybe my brother will chip in on this one - he works for a company that really likes lime green trucks. They lease a few units - I'm not sure what their arrangement is, but have gotten away from blue tractors and are going green. The parent company has some buying power - so not sure if it's a deal anyone could get.

I've been doing some homework on this idea. Seems to me that the $$ for a new truck could potentially work out close to the same as the $$ for a tractor. All I know is the tractors have given me alot less headaches than the trucks.

Sorry, my mistake - we have this habit of plowing with cars. It's a tough habit to break!!

#8 ·
Dave - I'd be interested in knowing more about the Kubota dealer. :wink

Maybe my brother will chip in on this one - he works for a company that really likes lime green trucks. They lease a few units - I'm not sure what their arrangement is, but have gotten away from blue tractors and are going green. The parent company has some buying power - so not sure if it's a deal anyone could get.

I've been doing some homework on this idea. Seems to me that the $$ for a new truck could potentially work out close to the same as the $$ for a tractor. All I know is the tractors have given me alot less headaches than the trucks.
Sorry, my mistake - we have this habit of plowing with cars. It's a tough habit to break!!
All the lime green trucks had JD's and now they have Kubota's. I heard through the grapevine that corporate cam in and gave them a deal. I ordered 2 new tractors on JD's snow program last April, i got them in Oct and I rent them untill April 15th and then I buy them. This way I get a full write off out of the rent and I get an incredible deal on the tractor. The Kubota dealer is Kooy Bros, not sure of the exact size of tractor but they come with a Machinability 1016 wing plow.

Sorry, my mistake - we have this habit of plowing with cars. It's a tough habit to break!![/QUOTE]

#10 ·
I have a neighbors who rent tractors in SUMMER from a snow removal company. It goes per hours..... but don't remember how much:cash. He got them middle of April to the end of October, and must follow a specific maintenance. He Said end up to be cheaper that way, He is doing that since few years now.

#12 ·
Rental by the hour

I have a deal with a local farmer to lease both my large Kubota's with FEL's for the summer at 30.00 per clock hour. He is also responsible for all repairs and maintenance.
Kinda the going rate in these parts.

Normally puts on 300 light to med use hours per tractor per summer, keeps them spotless clean and under cover when not in use all season long....

Also saves me having to store them, would rather have them working then sitting for 7 months...

Al

#11 ·
I was at a Kubota dealer today. They rent M series with cabs( not sure which HP) for just over $3000 per month with a 160 hour limit I think. They also had daily and weekly rates. When I was looking for my second tractor I ended up with a 5 year lease. At the time I was going to lease the tractor for just the winter but they way it worked out with the 5 year lease is that for the same monthly payment I could have the tractor all year round. This is my first time leasing anything I have aways owned before. I'll let you know 47 month from now if it was a good deal or not. At that time I'll have to make up my mind if I want to pay the buyout on the tractor or turn it back to Kubota.

#15 ·
I would like to propose an offer to any Canadians (particularly Ontarians)
I would extend the same offer to any Americans but I'm not sure it would be as competitive given the exchange.
I can offer to sell used tractors (any brand) and just about any model. I can offer these tractors at a severely reduced rate, cheaper than any dealership can even buy themselves.
one large markham based landscaping company is " in talks" right now.
Message or email with any inquiries.
lxatanasoff@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.