It's not red, It's not yellow, and it's not Freds - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

It's not red, It's not yellow, and it's not Freds

It's not Red, Its's not Yellow, and it's not Freds. It's cost me over 80,000. Hmmmm what is it?
How is everybody? Sorry I havent posted much this summer but we at M R S have been busy since the last m & g in Erie. I hope to have time in the next couple days to update you all. Lets just say since Erie we have had alot of ups and downs. I will start my updates with is thread. Take a guess what we have in our stable of vehicles now. Hint look at subject title and also this is our second IH purchase of the year.

Ray
p.s. Pics will follow

Secret to happiness - Faster women, Bigger Trucks, Older Whiskey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

WOW, No guesses, You guys are boring tonite. Anyway here are a few pics of one of many new purchases we made this year.
Okay, I tried resizing the pixs several times and still cant post them. Any volunteers to resize and post for me?

Ray

post #3 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

Send a message via AIM to atgreene
The pic whores need pics!

2013 GMC 3500 9 2 Boss V
2005 GMC 5500 Topkick 10' Boss V (For Sale) (SOLD)
1963 Oshkosh 10' V, 11' Wing (For Sale)
Kubota M7040, 8' pusher, 8' blower.
2005 Takeuchi 135
IAFF Local 740

Facebook: A. T. Greene Excavation & Snowplowing

www.atgreene.com
post #4 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

trying again. hope it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02843 (Custom) (Small) (Custom) (7).JPG
Views:	100
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	17088  

post #5 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

I finally got one pic posted. How do you post them bigger. That is a small pic

Ray

post #6 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 04:26 PM

nice truck Ray but how come a ramp truck and not like a hooklift with several detachable bodies ?You starting a new venture .

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long
after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

2005 Ford F-350 6.0L diesel ,Patriot light bar
1997 chevy K2500 6.5L diesel (sold)
1997 Case 580L , 2004 Gehl 4640
2000 Chevy 3500 van
1995 Ford E350 15' cube van 7.3L diesel
post #7 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Cat,
I didnt expect that question so soon into the thread but I will let you in on a little secret we bought a hook truck too in the early spring. I will have to get those pics resized too so I can show that one off a little. The hook has been good for our heavy equipment work. We also build a custom service/fuel truck pics to follow of it too. We have so many trucks, small equipment and mowers that i want to be able to have them transported quickly and when i wanted them moved that this was our next needed truck. I figure it will come in handy at 2am when a plow truck goes down. We have grown so much that I am now at the point I cant rely on others to get our equipment or repair it. We need to be able to do it ourselves. To ofset some of the cost of this truck we are doing triple a calls. I have a young employee who lives across from our shop that is a really good kid and works hard so he does all our calls for aaa and he does some of our repairs.

Ray

post #8 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Heres another pic of the new M R S baby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02844 (Custom) (Small) (Custom).JPG
Views:	96
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	17090  

post #9 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 05:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to apgarconstruction
Ray,

the best thing you can do is just open up a free account at photobucket.com and upload the large size photos there. then once they are uploaded, it gives you the LINK URL or the actual photo URL among others. you click on them and copy it over to the message you are posting. they'll show up large and won't take up space on chuck's server.
i don't even try to change the size anymore because the pics become so small, they are worthless to even look at. compressing doesn't work all the time either. photobucket or any other online photo library site will work and they are all free.

Dan
post #10 of 22 Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Ray that explains alot sorry to expedite your thead ,I have pondered the idea of getting a hooklift to service my needs .

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long
after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

2005 Ford F-350 6.0L diesel ,Patriot light bar
1997 chevy K2500 6.5L diesel (sold)
1997 Case 580L , 2004 Gehl 4640
2000 Chevy 3500 van
1995 Ford E350 15' cube van 7.3L diesel
post #11 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Pic 1

Dan,
Thanks for the info. I got an account and uploaded these pics. As soon as I get time to upload my other pics for some other treads I will start them.

Thanks again.
Ray

post #12 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Pic 2

We went with a steel bed since we will mostly be hauling equipment

post #13 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Pic 3

What do you think Fred? Did we make a good choice? I know its not your color.

Ray

post #14 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Pic 4

I'm sorry to they guys with dial up. Next time a will make my pics a little smaller. This is my first time using Ing codes.

Ray

post #15 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Last Pic

A few pics up you can see one of our projects. We restored our old 825 Bobcat. I will post that project soon.

Ray

post #16 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM

Nice truck Ray and you did good the IH has become my fav in my fleet the ride and fuel mileage is awesome for a truck of its size.

On the BIC beds just stay up on keeping the bottom side undercoated and the deck well if you were willing to spring for it Rhino line the deck.

The two Alium Pioneer Jerrdans i have are much more sturdy than in past aluim decks, still have to use skates when loading a wheeless car but still no major damage yet.

Is she full Air brakes ? Hot Shift Pto or Air Shift?

Fred Pickering
post #17 of 22 Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 AM

Ray

A little more rested today . For 80k i assume its a Emissons 08?

Trying to tell but looks like a T37 wheel lift out back once you sift threw the manuels go back and read them i never do the IH will do more than you think took me about a month to understand all its features, it performs all its own self diag from the drivers seat, and with the new Diamond logic Elec has easy adds for elec in the future.

You tell the guy you bought it from the Father said for 80k he better throw the wheel sims in for free or better yet the Alcoa's.

Tip if you dont have alot of 37 or carrier exer understand the rear spoons are not strapless even though they appear as they could be and also watch the tag vech is all the way back when hauling the T37 will hook a tag vech on the rear of the deck when turning.

Again nice truck i know from now on IH is worth the diff in money for a class 6 and 7 truck. Forgot is she a Rs Ally? if so run her with the Ecom button only if your empty .

Another Tip if it is a Air Shift pto make sure the Wrecker builder has your Auto up Idle set below 1600 rpm on the steering wheel if not the Muncie Air shift will get to much air pressure and rpm and blow air past the pto and cause the ally to blow fluid out the vent. If its higher than 1600 holler i can tell you how to adjust it threw Logic module.

Another FYI get you a not for hire magnet sign on the truck ot remove the one you have its illeagl to operate a tow vech at least in MI , Oh Ind with magnet signs unless its not for hire the AAA stickers have to come off to sorry bud.

Fred Pickering

Last edited by Pickering Snow; 11-09-2007 at 01:28 AM.
post #18 of 22 Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

Fred,
I know what yur talking about needing rest. I have a few jobs goig right nw that are killing me. I have a road we are building for the YMCA and have to have it completed by Dec 1st. before penalities kick in. That will be another thread when I get a chance.
As far as the truck, it is a 08. full air brakes and hot shift. We have all the alum simulators for the truck. We havent put the rear ones on because the truck has been on some real nasty job sites and I dont want them messed up.
In Delaware the mag signs are fine. The AAA stickers are fine because we work for them too. They are the ones who gave them to us. Thanks for the tip on the ecom button. I will make sure my reg driver knows that. Mabe i should also put a sticker in hecab so if any one else drives it they know. Finally cost o truck with all upgrades, extended warranty, chains, straps and all assories came to $78,650.

Ray

post #19 of 22 Old 11-11-2007, 05:08 AM

Ray

Three A must have diff rule books if your not there selected contract carrier for the area you cant not run there sticker plus there not gonna pay ya either.

AAA here requires a min of 6 carriers and 6 Wreckers to quailfy for contract which on there 22 dollar in town tow rate Hell will get might cold before i ever bid them or buy the equip to even be allowed too.

Fred Pickering
post #20 of 22 Old 11-11-2007, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Fred,
Around here almost all AAA towers are only one to 3 truck operations. They rotate the calls on there list. Thats actually how the State police do up here in New Castle county. My driver had a call the other night he said at about 11pm at the i-95 service area. Whick is close so he was like cool quik run and make some easy money. He had to tow the car about an hour and a half up n New Jersey some where. He was pissed and tired because we had him scheduled to move some equipment to a job at 6am. So he didnt get much sleep.
I hardly get to see the truck anymore it seems like it is always out. I havent even got to drive it yet. The boy parks the truck at his house at night so he can get out and go. I can look out my front window and see the truck since he lives across from our property.

Ry

post #21 of 22 Old 11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Banned

Fred, I guess it depends on the area. Around here, the AAA providers are all big operations, and they have a dedicated area, where any call in that area is theirs. But up north in Duluth, lowball capital of the state, there's a tow truck on every corner, all privately owned, and they're all AAA providers. Up there AAA basically throws the call up in the air, and whoever grabs it first gets it. Up there, there's more towing and plowing companies than you can shake a stick at, and damn near every one of them could be classified as a "low baller", makes me glad to be located where I am...

Ray, sounds like you got a good gig going there. Sweet truck, love it! The AAA gig may work out well for you as "Fill in" work when you're not using the wrecker, helps pay the bills, even if it isn't much, it's better than the truck sitting. Helps too to have a good driver, you're very fortunate in that respect.
post #22 of 22 Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Brendan,
Thanks. Yes, I am lucky so far with this kid. He seems to really like doing it.
We have a good deal he works his regular 40 hours and all night and weekend calls he gets 35% of call. I made this deal with him because I like him.

Ray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode