Need help identifying Meyer Clevis Frame - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 5
Garage
Need help identifying Meyer Clevis Frame

I bought a pile of used Meyer plow parts when I was installing a Meyer plow on my 1996 Jeep Cherokee. This mount came with the parts and I want to either sell it or cut it up to fit my Willys MB. I think it is a Meyer part number 11960 for a 1997 or newer Nissan Terrano II clevis frame. I can't find a part number on it anywhere.

Any ideas?

https://fillmanmachining.com/wp-cont...8-1024x768.jpg

https://fillmanmachining.com/wp-cont...9-1024x768.jpg

http://extranet.meyerproducts.com/up...orms/1-980.pdf
David Fillman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 05:00 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fillman View Post
I bought a pile of used Meyer plow parts when I was installing a Meyer plow on my 1996 Jeep Cherokee. This mount came with the parts and I want to either sell it or cut it up to fit my Willys MB. I think it is a Meyer part number 11960 for a 1997 or newer Nissan Terrano II clevis frame. I can't find a part number on it anywhere.

Any ideas?

https://fillmanmachining.com/wp-cont...8-1024x768.jpg

https://fillmanmachining.com/wp-cont...9-1024x768.jpg

http://extranet.meyerproducts.com/up...orms/1-980.pdf
Have you tried taking it to a meyer’s dealer to see if they can identify it?
WalterFGBS is online now  
post #3 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 5
Garage
My local dealer had no idea what it was for.

I went through the Meyer website until I found what seems to be very close. The only difference I see is the angle iron at the rear of the frame is flipped 180 degrees.
David Fillman is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 06:07 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fillman View Post
My local dealer had no idea what it was for.

I went through the Meyer website until I found what seems to be very close. The only difference I see is the angle iron at the rear of the frame is flipped 180 degrees.
Given, the fact traffic here is low... I doubt you will find out here. However, I say cut it up and make it fit your willy’s Mb ... by the way what year on the willy’s?
WalterFGBS is online now  
post #5 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 5
Garage
I suspected it was a longshot. I am not certain I have ever even seen a Nissan Terrano II so I doubt there is much demand for plow parts.

My Willys is a 1945 MB.



I also have 3 other busted up plow trucks, 3 Formula Vee race cars, 2 Nethercutt 2 wheel drive motrocycles, 3 Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycles, a 1968 426 Hemi-Cuda and 6 garage bays full of CNC machines and assorted junk. :^(
David Fillman is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fillman View Post
I suspected it was a longshot. I am not certain I have ever even seen a Nissan Terrano II so I doubt there is much demand for plow parts.

My Willys is a 1945 MB.



I also have 3 other busted up plow trucks, 3 Formula Vee race cars, 2 Nethercutt 2 wheel drive motrocycles, 3 Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycles, a 1968 426 Hemi-Cuda and 6 garage bays full of CNC machines and assorted junk. :^(

Nice collection... I have a thing for Walter Trucks specifically the Snow Fighters...
WalterFGBS is online now  
post #7 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 5
Garage
My buddy has a 1960 Walter Snow Fighter very much like yours in Sanford, Maine.

David Fillman is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fillman View Post
My buddy has a 1960 Walter Snow Fighter very much like yours in Sanford, Maine.

Cool, love a fellow Walter collector...
WalterFGBS is online now  
post #9 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
I have been looking over this mount in question and don’t see any reason you cannot use it as a basis for a mount for the Willy’s.
WalterFGBS is online now  
post #10 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
Cool, love a fellow Walter collector...
Is it this truck?
WalterFGBS is online now  
post #11 of 12 Old 06-14-2019, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 5
Garage
Yes, that is Chip's Walter.

https://www.austinmachine.com/
David Fillman is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 06-14-2019, 03:17 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 443
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fillman View Post
Yes, that is Chip's Walter.

https://www.austinmachine.com/
I thought so. I am curious have you made a decision on altering your Meyer mount for the Willy’s MB... I wonder if the front end of willy’s will need some extra leafs in it.
WalterFGBS is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome