Snowplow Forums banner

new truck which plow to get blizzard power plow or curtis sno pro

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  coolcatman1 
#1 ·
ok i just got a 2007 gmc sierra duramax slt quad cab srw longbed what plow should i put on it im torn between a blizzard power plow and a curtis sno pro either plow would be brand new whats everyones thoughts?

#2 ·
You just bought one long plow truck ! Go with the Blizzard you will need to cover your tracks when your plowing.Efficiency is the game while plowing and the blizzard is one of the best plows at that game

#6 ·
I also purchased a new truck very close to what you have (nice choice).
My two choices were also a power plow or a XLS. I chose the XLS for the reason that I was more comfortable with the Fisher dealer.
The Blizzard dealer was a truck refrigeration place that did plows on the side and the XLS dealer sold tons more units and the support was there.
I have other guys in my area who have been purchasing from the dealer for many years without any issues. Although my first choice was the power plow.
One other thing that I noticed was the Power Plow seemed not to be as heavy duty of a unit in my opinion. I also was able to put the XLS on for $400
less money:cash

#7 ·
well got rid of that truck it had some hidden problems got another dmax its a quadcab so its a little shorter lol but due to that i had to get a used plow i cant complain though its a original genuine blizzard 8611pp in pretty good shape and i got a steal on it now i need a mount the plow is a 03 or 04 and the new truck is a 2003 gmc sierra 3500 qc dually anyone have a mount and a harness with a handheld controller possibly?

#11 ·
I would think an 8611lp would be ideal with that long of a wheel base. Maybe flip the full size 8611 and get a LP? What would it take for a 1 ton to even carry a blade like that ?

#12 ·
so this plow is too heavy? my old boss had 5 of these on f350's and they all seemed to be fine im new to this but i know i want a blizzard on the front white plows on white trucks look awesome lol so does anyone have a 8611 lp they wanna trade for a solid 8611pp fullsize?

#13 ·
You can put it on there... But I promise you will regret what it does to your truck.. Sell it and get a lopro or 810.... that plow weighs #1500 A chevy is not an F350 nor does it have the suspension of one even in the same class truck.. I dont like F trucks but a ford would carry that plow.. might not like it but it would carry it.. the chevy... no way !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.