Snowplow Forums banner

The joy of snow plowing

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  WalterFGBS 
#1 ·
I operate a wholesale food business from my home in Northern NJ. I have to leave very early in the morning and have a 300’ driveway. I had a contractor plow for me and one 30” snow storm he didn’t show, it seems his trans went. After three days stranded my wife and I shoveled out. The whole time I said “I’m buying a plow” and I did. I had a 96 F350 at the time. I have been had 3 Western plows since then. They are great and I just sold my 2003 Chevrolet 2500HD with a 6 year old Unimount Pro plow. I’m going to retire in 2/3 years and bought a Fifth Wheel RV and new F350. The Chevy rusted brake lines almost killed me, so for revenge, I bought a Ford. I’m in the market for a new plow. I like the Western plows but not the price. Seems a lot of money for something I only use 5 or 10 times a year to plow my driveway. I won’t ever depend on hiring someone again. Can anyone recommend a cheaper reliable alternative that can handle an occasional 24” storm? Thanks.

I noticed a few statements that make no sense.

1) why would sell your plow truck if you need that for business I.e. making sure you deliver your wholesale food?
2) Isn’t rust a factor in any vehicle’s life in the Northeast?
3) 3 Western plows in 25 years that only plow 5-10 times per year?
4) going to retire in 2/3 years with a new F350 and Fifth Wheeler? But sold the old plow truck because of rusty brake lines?
5) let three western plows rust away in 25 years?
6) Hasn’t had a 30 inch storm since at least 1994?
7) Says it is critical for work yet doesn’t want to pay for new plow?

While, this guy isn’t me... I do have to question his logic.
But I know the answer to his problems— Walter NCUS with a power angle plow on Truckpapper.... truck and plow $9,999.00 what a bargain.

#2 ·
Another blatant copyright infringement.

Besides that your answers were just blowing off the new member And their 100% legitimate questions ,concerns and problems.

Your response leads me to believe you have little or no experience in life .

Congratulations on your retirement know that we’re getting a little bit older ,,, in the winter twe may sit around little bit more instead of being active.

You can get a really nice walk behind snowblower with a little cab.
they make some of these are like 40-60+ inches wide.
it may only take you two passes maybe three, four pass .

Plusses
You got out of the house.
took a little walk.
got some fresh air.

#4 ·
Since this guy had a 6 year old Unimount on a Chevy 2500HD ‘03 truck—I cannot figure out why he didn’t keep the Western plow from that truck and now just purchase a new unimount and wire harness for his new F350? If this plow is so important to him doesn’t that make sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.