Snowplow Forums banner

A little help on plow choices please

3K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  WalterFGBS 
#1 ·
Good day,

I was looking for a little feedback on a couple fronts, first on plow type, than on manufacturer.

For the past 12+ years I have owned a Boss 8' straight blade plow, it was mounted on the front of a 2008 F150, I am aware that the plow was to big for the truck, but in my case the truck (with plow mounted) never left my commercial property. Now the truck is going to be replaced and I am considering a couple of choices. I would like to look into mounting a plow on my current commuter truck (2014 F150) and know I am limited to what I can shop for.

About my plowing, I own a 4 acre, blacktop parking lot that is home to a lot of semi trailers. The trailers are all around the perimeter of the lot, meaning that I can rarely plow one side to the other, I am often required to plow everything to the middle. With the straight blade that requires a lot of back and forth, side to side. Keeping the snow banks in front of the trailers as small as possible is of great benefit. There is also a lot of backdragging involved.

So, I was thinking a V plow would be helpful, and Boss does make a V plow intended for 1/2 ton trucks. Sno Way also makes a V plow intended for 1/2 ton trucks, and I went to the local dealer to see them in person (I have no experience with any other plow than the current Boss). I noticed they also offer a 8' blade plow with hydraulic wings, the 26R.

So, the first question is for those who have experience with a "power wing" blade plow, is do you think this would be better alternative to a V plow for my application? Did you consider a V plow prior to getting the winged plow?

Secondly, if I decide to go with a V plow, and the choices are the Boss vs Sno Way, what experiences do you have with each? The difference in weight is minimal (Boss HTX-v=490#, Snow Way 26V=550#)

Thanks in advance for any opinions, I am sure questions like this are asked here a lot, but I have had difficulty finding good info.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.