Help needed 08 GMC 1500 mm2 wiring - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-27-2019, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Help needed 08 GMC 1500 mm2 wiring

I have a 08 hmc 1500, just bought a nice condition 7'6" sd 3 plug setup and the 3 port isolation module and all wiring.

I have run all wiring, mounted the module, connected all wires, so on.

I have no power to the joystick, and my passenger side high beam headlight on the truck will not function.

I've put the keyed power wire in 4 different spots, all of which have power with key on. Checked all grounds, checked and rechecked tapped connections to running lights and turn signals, still nothing.

There is a black wire off one of the 2 relays in the harness, I had no idea where it went but assumed it needed ground, grounded to battery and still nothing.

Does anyone out there have any photos of their setup, I need to look at another one or have someone tell me what I am missing here. Going crazy. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-27-2019, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damesrus View Post
I have a 08 hmc 1500, just bought a nice condition 7'6" sd 3 plug setup and the 3 port isolation module and all wiring.

I have run all wiring, mounted the module, connected all wires, so on.

I have no power to the joystick, and my passenger side high beam headlight on the truck will not function.

I've put the keyed power wire in 4 different spots, all of which have power with key on. Checked all grounds, checked and rechecked tapped connections to running lights and turn signals, still nothing.

There is a black wire off one of the 2 relays in the harness, I had no idea where it went but assumed it needed ground, grounded to battery and still nothing.

Does anyone out there have any photos of their setup, I need to look at another one or have someone tell me what I am missing here. Going crazy. Thanks in advance.
http://library.fisherplows.com/fishe....00_021516.pdf
post #3 of 7 Old 01-27-2019, 02:59 PM

Garage
post #4 of 7 Old 01-27-2019, 03:14 PM

Garage
post #5 of 7 Old 01-27-2019, 03:19 PM

What did the plow come off of? You know the plow has to be connected for anything to work, it completes a power and ground circuits. Do not just connect wires to ground if you do not no where they are supposed to go. Do you have ignition power to the module from they keyed source, and do you have power to the fuses?
post #6 of 7 Old 02-01-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I didnt reply to you guys and I appreciate the help, went through everything and the A port harness was bad, alot of trial and error to figure it out with a multi meter but got it going and plowing like crazy since.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damesrus View Post
Sorry I didnt reply to you guys and I appreciate the help, went through everything and the A port harness was bad, alot of trial and error to figure it out with a multi meter but got it going and plowing like crazy since.
Glad to hear that you are up and running.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode