Meyer E60 Help! - Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-15-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Meyer E60 Help!

I traded for an old Dodge with a Meyer plow on it. I had one years ago that worked well for me. This one had been sitting with one of the hydraulic line unhooked for about a year. I drained the oil out of it and checked the screens. One of the solenoid valves was broken so I replaced all three with new. The motor runs and the valves click hard but it will not raise or till the blade. What's next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-16-2018, 03:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdougalray View Post
I traded for an old Dodge with a Meyer plow on it. I had one years ago that worked well for me. This one had been sitting with one of the hydraulic line unhooked for about a year. I drained the oil out of it and checked the screens. One of the solenoid valves was broken so I replaced all three with new. The motor runs and the valves click hard but it will not raise or till the blade. What's next?
I would check to see if the pump is actually working. The motor maybe running but if the pump isnít moving hydraulic fluid you are in trouble.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-16-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdougalray View Post
If the motor runs, and it does nothing, you need to do a pressure test. Or remove and completely disassemble the unit. It is probably gunked up. There are you tube videos on this. Remove the filters and try to angle it, it should shoot fluid out.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-19-2018, 10:10 AM

Garage
So, did you test your pump yet OP?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode