Curtis plow Id it's old one. - Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-03-2018, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Curtis plow Id it's old one.

Can anyone tell me what year ? 2004 ? Looking for PDF files for info on it and owners Manuel . Serial 517 254

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
Can anyone tell me what year ? 2004 ? Looking for PDF files for info on it and owners Manuel . Serial 517 254

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Why not call Curtis and ask them with serial number? They should have information on it.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Curtis isn't in business anymore. I did figure out it's 790 lb Beast for a 7 footer.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #4 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
Curtis isn't in business anymore. I did figure out it's 790 lb Beast for a 7 footer.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
I didnt know they went out of business... maybe then you could try a former Curtis dealeró perhaps they could help.


The only model I know from them was the Snow Pro 3000...
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Member
 
dieseldude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
Can anyone tell me what year ? 2004 ? Looking for PDF files for info on it and owners Manuel . Serial 517 254

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
I do not know the year, but I think that was their utility vehicle plow. What are you putting it on?
dieseldude is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
2002 suburban or a 1999 Tahoe . I have either one .
But it's a heavy beast. It was called a Mach 1 limited edition that's about all I know and its about 790 lbs without the mount .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
2002 suburban or a 1999 Tahoe . I have either one .
But it's a heavy beast. It was called a Mach 1 limited edition that's about all I know and its about 790 lbs without the mount .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Try these guys they might be able to help you out.

https://www.storksplows.com/complete-plows/curtis.html

Curtis exists still they just donít make plows for trucks any more.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 12-06-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
Try these guys they might be able to help you out.

https://www.storksplows.com/complete-plows/curtis.html

Curtis exists still they just donít make plows for trucks any more.
I sent them e-mailed we can see what they say .
Thanks .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #10 of 24 Old 12-07-2018, 03:11 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
I sent them e-mailed we can see what they say .
Thanks .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
I think they might at least know how to get you the right information,
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #11 of 24 Old 12-12-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
I think they might at least know how to get you the right information,
I have a Mach 1 it's a triple edge mount that goes on truck pump lights etc. But it just has a regular 7.5 feet push blade. It's a heavy one 790 lbs a 2002 suburban only rated for like 560 lbs on the front . And a 1999 Tahoe rating is 758 lbs so it might end up on the 1999 Tahoe.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 12-13-2018, 03:47 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
I have a Mach 1 it's a triple edge mount that goes on truck pump lights etc. But it just has a regular 7.5 feet push blade. It's a heavy one 790 lbs a 2002 suburban only rated for like 560 lbs on the front . And a 1999 Tahoe rating is 758 lbs so it might end up on the 1999 Tahoe.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
It will probably sag a significantly on the way Tahoe in the front. I would think about upgrading the shocks and springs on the truck to oneís that support more weight. You will also want ballast on the Tahoe to balance out the weight distribution of the plow and keep the front axle loading kinda in spec. There is no getting around the fact you are overloaded no matter what. It will create wear issues on the front end of the truck.

But I would use the Tahoe too.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 12-13-2018, 06:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 203
springs?
crank up the torsion bars or try a set of timbrens.

shocks don't support weight.
SnoFarmer is offline  
post #14 of 24 Old 12-13-2018, 07:14 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoFarmer View Post
springs?
crank up the torsion bars or try a set of timbrens.

shocks don't support weight.
The Tahoe is IFS up front. right? When you upgrade the springs you should change the shocks to properly dampen the vibrations. That was my comment on the shocks. Do they make different torsion bars for the Tahoe? I thought he would be stuck with the factory ones. But if he can by all means get heavier duty ones.

Timbrens arenít going to fix the underlying overloading issue... they will just make it look level.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
The Tahoe is IFS up front. right? When you upgrade the springs you should change the shocks to properly dampen the vibrations. That was my comment on the shocks. Do they make different torsion bars for the Tahoe? I thought he would be stuck with the factory ones. But if he can by all means get heavier duty ones.

Timbrens aren’t going to fix the underlying overloading issue... they will just make it look level.
It doesn't utilize springs.
It uses torsion bars. they can have their preload increased easily with out replacing them.

YOU said, " I would think about upgrading the shocks and springs on the truck to one’s that support more weight"

"Shocks and springs to ones that support weight", shocks don't support weight, they control
un-sprung weight that...

Why go to all that work to replace the torsion bars when you can easily install timbrens and turn up the bars?

Even if it was over weight replacing the springs or torsion bars or installing timbrens or shocks are not going to change that one bit...
SnoFarmer is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 06-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
I have a Mach 1 it's a triple edge mount that goes on truck pump lights etc. But it just has a regular 7.5 feet push blade. It's a heavy one 790 lbs a 2002 suburban only rated for like 560 lbs on the front . And a 1999 Tahoe rating is 758 lbs so it might end up on the 1999 Tahoe.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

So, is your Curtis mounted yet?
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 06-02-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Nope everything came to a stopped it's just to heavy for a Tahoe need a lighter plow . It's even make a 1 ton sage...

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #18 of 24 Old 06-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
Nope everything came to a stopped it's just to heavy for a Tahoe need a lighter plow . It's even make a 1 ton sage...

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Bummer... it must be significantly heavier than advertised to make a 1 ton sag.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 06-03-2019, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
Bummer... it must be significantly heavier than advertised to make a 1 ton sag.
Want to buy it ? It's a limited edition only dealers got them ..

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
965 lb mounted that's nuts .. real world and salesman world seems to be different places ..



Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Woodblocker55 is offline  
post #21 of 24 Old 06-04-2019, 02:29 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
Want to buy it ? It's a limited edition only dealers got them ..

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
No, thanks. It is too small for my trucks.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #22 of 24 Old 06-04-2019, 04:03 AM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodblocker55 View Post
965 lb mounted that's nuts .. real world and salesman world seems to be different places ..



Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Ballast is a big help in making sure the weight is distributed correctly over length of the truck. It wonít stop excessive sagging but, it usually keeps the truckís CG correctly positioned thus reducing issues with excessive front end sagging. Also they do make leveling kits and they help out as well.

I think 965lbs is okay if you have front end that is strong enough to support the weight. You put a leveling kit on it and the sagging is cured add ballast to maintain the CG and traction.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #23 of 24 Old 06-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Are you looking for a snow dog to replace it with now?
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #24 of 24 Old 06-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 360
Garage
Is that plow really only a 7.5í at 785lbs that is a heavy duty plow... I like all my plows heavy but mine are much heavier and larger.
WalterFGBS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new truck which plow to get blizzard power plow or curtis sno pro coolcatman1 Projects 13 02-16-2012 09:02 AM
how old is too old for front line duty? JMac Snowplowing Discussions 14 09-27-2009 09:13 AM
1 yr. old Curtis... How much is it worth? chev77 Curtis Plows 4 04-20-2006 08:47 AM
An Old Ferrari Joke but a good one gordyo Off Topic 4 04-27-2005 06:04 PM
New Chevy grinding like the old one NSSM Chevy & GMC Trucks 2 12-30-2003 01:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome