Ford F150 Plow Interchange ?? - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-09-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Question Ford F150 Plow Interchange ??

Does anyone know if a snow plow that is currently mounted on a 78 F150 4x4 will FIT on a 88 Bronco or F150 ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pelican
Welcome to LetsTalkSnow.com!!

The frames changed in 1980, so no, it won't be a bolt on. The frames went unchanged pretty much from 1980 to 1997 so anything from these trucks will give you push plates. There were changes during this period in the bumper mounts so you might have to do some modifying in that area between trucks.

I moved this thread to the Ford Trucks forum for better placement.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-11-2005, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican
The frames changed in 1980, so no, it won't be a bolt on. The frames went unchanged pretty much from 1980 to 1997 so anything from these trucks will give you push plates. There were changes during this period in the bumper mounts so you might have to do some modifying in that area between trucks.
Could this plow frame be made to work on a 89 F250 ??

Also, is there a Chart/Guide available out here on the Net that shows what plow frames will work on certain vehiles ??
post #4 of 7 Old 11-11-2005, 03:29 AM

The shape of the frames were identical through the F series for the period I specified, so you'd face the same modifications for an F-150 through F-350. I've never had an earlier Ford to compare to to see how close or how far apart they are. Anything can be done, it just depends on how much time and money you want to spend. I'd think economically speaking, you'd be better off trying to find a plow from the proper series truck.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-11-2005, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican
The shape of the frames were identical through the F series for the period I specified, so you'd face the same modifications for an F-150 through F-350.
What modifications would those be ??
post #6 of 7 Old 11-11-2005, 06:33 AM

As I stated above, I've never had samples from both series together for a comparison, so I can't tell you.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu
What modifications would those be ??
I answered you on that 'other' site, but I like this one better so I'll do it again here

The frame on the 78 is straight after it goes over the axel, the 90s 'Y's out after it goes over the axel to better cradle the motor. The mount from the 78 that would normally go over the frame ends now sits between them.

If you have the time and tools it's not that hard - it took me about a day (10 hrs) to do that exact mod.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode