1990 K150 not starting - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

1990 K150 not starting

Went out to start my 1990 Chevy K1500 plow truck and even though she turns over good she won't start. Might mention it is currently 12 degrees here in Mid-Michigan. Listened and could hear the fuel pump run when I turned the key on and then stopped as it should until the truck starts. Tried this a few times and no start. Sprayed some starting fluid in the throttle body and she started right up and ran until the starting fluid ran out. Tried this a few times with the same results. Makes me think I'm not getting fuel to the throttle body. I currently have a halogen work light under it pointing up at the fuel tank, a propane catalytic heater about a foot or two from the drivers door pointing at the truck, an electric heater with fan blowing under the front drivers side of the truck and a trouble light with a 100 watt incandescence bulb next to the throttle body. Hope this works any other suggestions., I also have about 1 1/2 bottles of the red heet in the tank, going to put another bottle in when I go out. Any other ideas to get this beast running so I can plow my snow?
Thanks,
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2019, 02:11 PM

You need to check fuel pressure, and are the injectors spraying fuel.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2019, 05:51 PM

Had a 95 with same setup and experienced a similar problem. Drove it in the shop to do intake gaskets and wouldn't start after reassembly. It would run on the can like yours. It wound up being the connectors on the injector pins weren't making contact. I'd try cracking the fuel line at the back of the throttle bodies, and then turn on to cycle the pump and see if you get some fuel. Don't Crank! If you don't have fuel maybe inline filter under door froze up.if yes on fuel, tighten the fuel line back up and give the injector connectors a good wiggle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode