Boss joystick mounting - Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2018, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Boss joystick mounting

I am curious if anyone has pictures of how they mounted their Boss joystick. I have a 2010 chev. single cab. The console can be up to make a full seat, or goes down for drink holders and arm rest. I can't figure out where to mount so it won't interfere on console, on dash or ???. Anyone found out where to mount the joystick???? Picture would be helpful.
Oh, does Boss give suggestions with a joystick purchase as to where/how to mount?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-24-2018, 07:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleman View Post
I am curious if anyone has pictures of how they mounted their Boss joystick. I have a 2010 chev. single cab. The console can be up to make a full seat, or goes down for drink holders and arm rest. I can't figure out where to mount so it won't interfere on console, on dash or ???. Anyone found out where to mount the joystick???? Picture would be helpful.
Oh, does Boss give suggestions with a joystick purchase as to where/how to mount?
Thanks
If I were mounting it I would get an extension for the wiring harness that goes from firewall connector to the inside of the cab. I Would want it long enough to hug the transmission tunnel and then have a multi pin automotive connector on the end so I could connect to the joystick unit that I would mount to bracket that fit securely to my center console cup holder. This way it would be totally removable when not plowing. Because that joystick is big. Also by using the joystick this way you keep one hand on the wheel and on the joystick.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-30-2018, 05:46 AM

I built a square box to set my joystick in then put it on a piece of 1/4" plywood about a foot long and 8" wide. Slide in under your center armrest and it's easy to remove when not in use. Mine is in a ford extended cab so I have a little center seat that I rap a ratchet strap around so the plywood doesn't move so much. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode