Snowplow Forums banner

Left wing slow, sounds low in fluid but its not

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hsnow 
#1 ·
The left wing on my 8'2 is really slow and it sounds like its not getting any fluid. Could it bee the check valve? Can I just remove it from the manifold and clean it out if somethin is the way? Any help would be great!

#4 ·
Have you checked the cylinder itself ? Maybe you have a siezed ram ? With the hose disconnected,and the plow raised,try moving the wing in and out by hand,to see if it's sticking.

Try running the wing out with the hose disconnected,and into a bucket.It may help flush out any debris\dirt without tearing into the valves.

#5 ·
First thing, check your connector to the plow from the truck it may be not be making a good connection.
But before you start tearing everything apart you need to find out if your getting power out to the control valve coil the for the wing out valve.
You almost need to have the wiring and valve diagram in front of you to do the check out on the valve body.
If you still haven't found the trouble E-mail me and I'll call you and try to walk you though it.

:rolleyes: John.............................

#6 ·
John, thanks so much for your help on the phone the last weekend. I would skill be scratchin my head if it were'nt for your ideas. It ended up that the smartlock valve was shot. Ordered 2 new rams and replaced it a couple days ago, just before a nasty forecast. BIG HELP! Wish you guys were around the corner. Brian

BrianHume.com
Breckenridge, CO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.