Fisher Speedcast want to mount it on 2000 Chevy 3500 - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Fisher Speedcast want to mount it on 2000 Chevy 3500

Hello,
I have a Fisher Speedcast plow. I just purchased a 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 with a Stainless Steel 9 foot plow. I only plow 2 driveways that I own. I would like to take the 7.5 foot Speedcast that I own and put it on the 2000 Chevy. I would like to sell the 9 foot plow. Is it possible to mount the Speedcast on that truck? What would I need to change?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 10:40 AM

Speed cast uses an under hood belt driven hydraulic pump. It would take some fab work to get it to work/fit.
If your dead set on using it, might try looking at PTO kits and use brackets that body installers use for theirs.

I'd personally keep the 9footer.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 11:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
Hello,
I have a Fisher Speedcast plow. I just purchased a 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 with a Stainless Steel 9 foot plow. I only plow 2 driveways that I own. I would like to take the 7.5 foot Speedcast that I own and put it on the 2000 Chevy. I would like to sell the 9 foot plow. Is it possible to mount the Speedcast on that truck? What would I need to change?

Thank you!
Maybe, the simplest solution is find a 7.5’ model that works with mounts and electronics used by your new 2000 Chevy... and sell both of the other plows.
post #4 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 01:15 PM

If it is a 2000 new body, no mount ever existed and it couldnt be done without custom fabrication. A 2000 old body is technically the same frame down to 88 but it is illegal to do on a 97 or later model year and the pieces would be obsolete any way. Thats not even addressing the pump issue. Selling the 9' and buying the smaller plow as suggested would be the better option. The 7.5' speedcaster has virtually no value
post #5 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Did the truck you just bought have the 9' already installed on it?
I missed that part earlier
post #6 of 12 Old 06-06-2019, 05:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
Maybe, the simplest solution is to find a 7.5’ model that works with mounts and electronics used by your new 2000 Chevy... and sell both of the other plows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwren2472 View Post
If it is a 2000 new body, no mount ever existed and it couldnt be done without custom fabrication. A 2000 old body is technically the same frame down to 88 but it is illegal to do on a 97 or later model year and the pieces would be obsolete any way. Thats not even addressing the pump issue. Selling the 9' and buying the smaller plow as suggested would be the better option. The 7.5' speedcaster has virtually no value
I am sure there is someone somewhere looking for 7.5’ speedcaster to complete a perfect period piece truck.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-07-2019, 03:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you!
Out of curiosity why don’t you want to use the 9’ plow?
post #8 of 12 Old 06-07-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
Out of curiosity why don’t you want to use the 9’ plow?
Was hoping to sell it and practically have a free truck.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Ah, now it all makes sense. Unfortunately, for the reasons mentioned, it won't work. There is no way you are going to make that speedcaster work on your truck.

You could theoretically sell your 9' for more than what it would cost to buy a 7.5 to replace it, but likely not for enough of a difference to be worth the hassle. I suspect the used value of the plow is less than you probably think it is. And, in the end, you'll end up with a plow ill suited to your 1 ton truck anyway.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
I don’t see you being able to sell the 9’ plow for enough to cover the custom fabrication of the mounts for pump and frame mount. You should probably keep the 9’ plow and see if you can find a collector of plow trucks that wants a mid 80’s plow to complete it. I think you will be happier with a 9ft plow on a 1-ton truck...

Here try the ematch from fisher
http://ematch.fisherplows.com/vehinfo.asp
post #11 of 12 Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 PM

Garage
What model is your new truck’s mount?
post #12 of 12 Old 07-12-2019, 04:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you!
Do you now also have to Meyers plows as well from the 1980’s-1990’s on 1999 K2500?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode