Snowplow Forums banner

Old western won't turn

10K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  doug rooney 
#1 ·
HI folks,
I have an old cable controlled western that says Isarmatic lift control MarkIIIA on the pump. It has been leaking where the hydraulic lines go into it so took that part off and noticed there were no gaskets in it. While I had that part off, for some stupid reason I hit the joystick and fluid shot out til I let go. It was working just fine before I took that part off. Now, it only will go up and down, even when I pull the stick left or right. Still goes up. There are 2 square 1/4 in bolts on the end I figured must be bleeders. Super tight! Took the vise grips to them and got the top one loose but the bottom one I finally gave up on since it kept rounding it off. Any clues as to what to do? Thanks very much, Doug

#2 ·
First off they are not bleeders they keep the springs in for the relief valves for the angle.

Is the fluid coming out of the top square cover or the lower one? Lower one means blown oring or valve issue. Top cover means that the relief plug blew out. Not common but it happens

To help this issue. Top square is where the top cable goes in. Lower one is where the other cable goes in.

Jerre

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.