New Member Isarmatic question: - Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums
 7Likes
  • 2 Post By Knucklebusta
  • 2 Post By Garagekeeper
  • 2 Post By cwren2472
  • 1 Post By dieseldude
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-01-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
thor7775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Up North Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Unhappy New Member Isarmatic question:

Wondering if anyone knows how to remove a rounded lift valve / screw on Western Isarmatic IIIa (cable) pump?
The previous owner rounded out the hex head. I tried a hex key & wasn't aware the valve screw is actually plastic & I believe I've just made it worse.
I've owned it for two seasons and in prepping it for the upcoming season, I found an angle ram had leaked and drained all the fluid, so I replaced both lower rams with new, reassembled, filled & bled the system. Now the blade doesn't lift more than 6 inches (side rams work fine). I've also ordered a new lift valve & pump filter & gasket just in case.
thor7775 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 09-01-2019, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 858
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor7775 View Post
Wondering if anyone knows how to remove a rounded lift valve / screw on Western Isarmatic IIIa (cable) pump?
The previous owner rounded out the hex head. I tried a hex key & wasn't aware the valve screw is actually plastic & I believe I've just made it worse.
I've owned it for two seasons and in prepping it for the upcoming season, I found an angle ram had leaked and drained all the fluid, so I replaced both lower rams with new, reassembled, filled & bled the system. Now the blade doesn't lift more than 6 inches (side rams work fine). I've also ordered a new lift valve & pump filter & gasket just in case.
Sounds like you will have to get a new cable assembly and the cut the old one and drill and tap it so you can put in a threaded bushing.
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 09-02-2019, 03:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 46
Best way would be to try an easy out. A little heat on the housing might expand it enough to break free.
F.D. Gambino and thor7775 like this.
Knucklebusta is offline  
post #4 of 15 Old 09-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Glenview, Illinois
Posts: 830
Thumbs up

I could walk you thru how to remove the plastic lift valve if you would like to give me a call at the shop Tuesday or when you get a chance.

John...
F.D. Gambino and thor7775 like this.
Garagekeeper is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 09-04-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
thor7775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Up North Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Thanks John, that would be awesome. (sorry for the late reply)
I'm available 9:00am -2:00pm during the weekdays.
What's a good time for you?
Regards, Mike
thor7775 is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 858
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor7775 View Post
Thanks John, that would be awesome. (sorry for the late reply)
I'm available 9:00am -2:00pm during the weekdays.
What's a good time for you?
Regards, Mike
It must be hard to find parts for this unit now?
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 09-04-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
thor7775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Up North Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Actually, I havenít had a problem yet... The internet can be a good thing sometimes...
thor7775 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 09-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Member
 
dieseldude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
It must be hard to find parts for this unit now?
All parts are readily available.
dieseldude is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 09-04-2019, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Glenview, Illinois
Posts: 830
Just about any time is good.. If I can't get to the phone leave a message and i'll call you back... John...
Garagekeeper is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 09-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Senior Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 858
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
All parts are readily available.
I am surprised by that considering that most companies arenít big on providing parts for things reaching 30-40 years old...
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 09-05-2019, 02:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterFGBS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
All parts are readily available.
I am surprised by that considering that most companies aren’t big on providing parts for things reaching 30-40 years old...
Then be surprised cuz he's right.

You can't buy mounts to install it on a new truck but beyond that most all the components are indeed available. Off hand, about the only item not available to my knowledge would be the entire power unit
dieseldude and thor7775 like this.
cwren2472 is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 09-05-2019, 06:50 AM
Member
 
dieseldude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garagekeeper View Post
Just about any time is good.. If I can't get to the phone leave a message and i'll call you back... John...
If you can, post on here how you remove it. Its always good to possibly learn something new.
thor7775 likes this.
dieseldude is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
thor7775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Up North Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Talking It's fixed!!!

I spoke to John this morning for about an hour. Awesome guy, very friendly & knowledgeable!!

We discussed many avenues of possible causes & remedies.... Probably the LAST CASE scenario would be removing the lift valve, which would have taken some drilling with a specific bit as to not damage the aluminum housing/casing and tapping / chasing the threads after removing the remnants of the plastic / nylon valve and installing the new one
- Not something a novice like myself really wanted to attempt anyway...

Turns out I didn't need to remove or adjust the lift valve after all.

What I did was: (with the vehicle off) push down on the upper ram in the neutral position, unhook the chain, & loosened the packing nut a little on it)...I raised the ram without the chain to test it, shut it off & pushed the ram back down until it bottomed out & tightened the packing nut back up. I hooked the chain back up, (2 links lower than where it was) & started it back up... Works awesome now, with full lift!!

Many thanks to John for his time & advice, & to the rest of you guys for your suggestions & concern!!!

Happy Plowing! MIKE
thor7775 is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 09-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
WalterFGBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Catskill Mountains, NYS
Posts: 858
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwren2472 View Post
Then be surprised cuz he's right.

You can't buy mounts to install it on a new truck but beyond that most all the components are indeed available. Off hand, about the only item not available to my knowledge would be the entire power unit
I am surprised. It is hard to find parts at times for things like a 145GZ...
WalterFGBS is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old Today, 10:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Hey thor,
I am also new to this forum..hope to have a good experience ahead.
ameliawatson039 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome