Snowplow Forums banner

Monroe Under-tailgate Spreader...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Turx 
#1 ·
My main spreader went down, so I'm hoping to get my back up Monroe on the truck and running. Of course the hydraulic couplers are not marked on the spreader and it been years since I've used it. The truck has 2 male / 2 female couplers, the spreader has 4 female. I'm thinking someone... me, just put them on to keep the lines clean inside. Are the couplers one direction flow? Are the trucks plumbed that way to to keep the supply and return identified? So are the fittings one way flow, I'm assuming they have to be in order to push the ball in on the male fitting. Sorry if I'm rambling on, just got out of the truck, almost 26 hours of pushing snow....

#2 ·
Hydraulic quick couplers are unidirectional,flow can go either direction.On any spreaders that ive hooked up on the truck side,the male ends are the pressure/flow for either the feed chain,or spinner motor,also having the male end carry the pressure,its much easier to push on the tip to bleed any pressure if needed.

Usually the female is the return and is often the next size bigger,example the 2 pressure/flow lines would be 1/2" male couplers,the returns from the sander which are often teed together would be 1, 3/4" female coupler

Yours may not be set up the same,hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.