Getting my newly used Meyers plow wired up.. help? - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Getting my newly used Meyers plow wired up.. help?

Figured this might fit better in electrical than in the Meyers forum...

Trying to get everything wired up, I made the mistake of buying a used Meyers plow and now I'm dealing with the mess. Previous owner didn't have the correct wiring harness, just a hacked-together deal. He didn't have a controller either, just a couple toggle switches (which I'm not all that upset with, I found a place on the dash to mount them and think it might work out well).

Problem is, I don't know what wires to connect to what on the toggle switches. The guy said he couldn't remember but "you can find it real easy online." So if someone could enlighten me on which wires to connect where, it would be appreciated.

I'm also trying to figure out the wiring for the lights on the plow. I saw the diagram that Chuck has posted for the lights, and that helps, but not sure what to do about switches and such to control it all. Wish I could afford to just buy a new harness, but alas, I'll have to build my own.

Oh, yea, any idea what size fuse I need to use for the plow controls? Instead of pulling off of a key-on power source, I have an accessory fuse panel that I used for my trailer plug and it still has a couple empty slots. I was going to pull power off of that and run it through a hooded switch to the plow controls.

I'll try to get some pics up later of what I'm working with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 10:45 AM

Guess I should have posted what truck I'm working with...

1995 F-150 XL 4x4 with a 5-speed and the 300 straight 6 motor.

And here's the pics as promised (since the rain drove me inside).

Old 10-21-2010, 12:33 PM

http://www.meyerproducts.com/TechSup...tructions.aspx
Old 10-22-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCN5 View Post
Thanks for the link, with a bit of searching I was able to find the info I needed for wiring up the lights.

I still don't know how to wire up the switches properly though. I found a thing on Meyers site for running dual toggles but it showed the use of a harness with a built-in plug rather than telling you what wires go to what. Guess Meyers figures that nobody would ever try to wire up dual toggles without a harness.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Managed to find what I needed and get the toggles all wired up today. Still have to wire up the lights and still have to hook up the solenoid. Didn't wire up the solenoid because I'm scratching my head trying to figure out an appropriate place in the engine bay to put it. There'd be lots of room if I wasn't stuck with all the emissions crap under the hood, guess I'm gonna have to rig up some sort of bracket unless anyone has an idea of where a regular installer would stick the solenoid under the hood of a '95 F-150.