New Arctic 8 foot V blade Installed - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 10-11-2009, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

New Arctic 8 foot V blade Installed

Hey all ,

Just got the new Arctic V installed on my F-350 here is some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Articv1.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	23371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Articv2.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	23372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Articv3.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	23373  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-11-2009, 05:16 AM

nice all galvi that is one of the ones i was thinking of getting.do you like the looks of the wiring harness light wires ect.
post #3 of 22 Old 10-11-2009, 07:19 AM

how does the QLIII work out.

Look great

Jeremy

Ferrera Fence and Deck

2004 GMC 2500HD Diesel 9' Arctic
2001 GMC 2500HD Diesel 9' Arctic with pro wings
2002 GMC 2500HD Gas 8' Arctic
1999 GMC 3500 Diesel 9' Arctic
1999 CASE Skid Steer 7'6" Fisher
1999 FORD F-550 7.3L PSD 15' Flatbed
post #4 of 22 Old 10-12-2009, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrera10 View Post
how does the QLIII work out.

Look great
Well I just took it off for the first time and I just had to hook up the jack and undo 2 big pins. I backed rite out real easy when I try to reattach I will let you know. Really impressed so far.
post #5 of 22 Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac5058 View Post
nice all galvi that is one of the ones i was thinking of getting.do you like the looks of the wiring harness light wires ect.
It looks good the pump is huge harness and everything looks good. The lights don't bother me. Some on my other forums are saying I should change the lights to the western style but the lights don't bother me. My dealer uses the better arctic lights and they even have a new style if you want to spend more money. The lights are big and tough I don't care that there square. Joystick controller not used to and it can't be mounted in a Ford with there brackett have to have something fabircated. I am waiting for the handheld controller with mode switches to arrive. It was on back order so I have the joystick for now. If I figure out a good way to mount the stick I may keep it also.
post #6 of 22 Old 10-12-2009, 04:02 AM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

Send a message via AIM to snowplowjay Send a message via Yahoo to snowplowjay
Good looking setup!!! I was checking out the new plows on Arctics website and I found that galvanized setup to be very interesting. John (Garagekeeper) has been having entire plows hot dip galvanized for years and I know he has had nothing but excellent results!!!
post #7 of 22 Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 AM

lights dont bother you now.... Wait unti you start plowing... My dad that runs my 06 with an arctic straight blade never uses the plow lights, its truck lights for him all the time, he even uses the truck lights when driving around cause the arctics are soo bad... he just keeps the blade low... Let us know how is works out... btw the joystick controller is the only way to go IMO to... Why dont you just hang the controller off that plastic door panel right by the window... Plow with your left hand and steer and shift with your right
post #8 of 22 Old 10-12-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple L View Post
lights dont bother you now.... Wait unti you start plowing... My dad that runs my 06 with an arctic straight blade never uses the plow lights, its truck lights for him all the time, he even uses the truck lights when driving around cause the arctics are soo bad... he just keeps the blade low... Let us know how is works out... btw the joystick controller is the only way to go IMO to... Why dont you just hang the controller off that plastic door panel right by the window... Plow with your left hand and steer and shift with your right
Hey Kitchener whats your name? I was not happy to read the Arctic lights are that bad..really? Even the new ones? If there that bad I will upgrade them. See my front headlights on the truck have hideaway strobes so I would prefer to use the plow lights and then the truck lights shut down. This makes the hideaways look really bright and cool. I just installed a 4 strobe kit front headlights and rear reverse lights.
post #9 of 22 Old 10-13-2009, 04:10 AM

Hay im Chad

Well I guess it depends on where you plow... If its lite up or not... Half the time i dont even use any lights when i plow snow cause most of my lots are lite right up... But the lots that my other truck plows are not really lite up as much...

Here's my plow... would you believe that, that thing is 4 years old...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 502.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	23412  
post #10 of 22 Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple L View Post
Hay im Chad

Well I guess it depends on where you plow... If its lite up or not... Half the time i dont even use any lights when i plow snow cause most of my lots are lite right up... But the lots that my other truck plows are not really lite up as much...

Here's my plow... would you believe that, that thing is 4 years old...
Hey Chad that plow looks clean man , nice maintaining of it. The stick mount brackett for the left window does not fit the Fords it only fits the GM door ###$%@ so you have to have a special brackett made up to fit in the cup holder of the fords center console. You still have to do everything with your right hand then. I will let you know what I think about the lights. I have run a standard Meyers 7.5 foot steel plow for 7 years. This is my first Arctic and my first poly plow if I get 7 out of it I will be happy but hope for more of course. Nice to meet you Chad like to see other Ontarions here.

Name here is David.
post #11 of 22 Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM

David,

Nice plow - looking forward to hearing how the Arctic performs for you. London Machinery has always had a good rep for there manufacturing - although it's been a few years since I ran an Arctic.

Where are you located in Ontario?

Dave H
Lakeside Landscape Inc.

A few GMC's

A few plows and salters - Boss & Blizzard, Salt-Doggs & s/s v-boxes

Erie #22, #55, #88, #121, #127
post #12 of 22 Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 PM

Artic Lights Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP Property View Post
Hey Kitchener whats your name? I was not happy to read the Arctic lights are that bad..really? Even the new ones? If there that bad I will upgrade them. See my front headlights on the truck have hideaway strobes so I would prefer to use the plow lights and then the truck lights shut down. This makes the hideaways look really bright and cool. I just installed a 4 strobe kit front headlights and rear reverse lights.
You may want to upgrade, have run an Artic for years and the lights do suck.
Also run to Boss Vee plows and the lights are day and night...

Just my 2 cents

Al

2006 Kubota M125X with FEL
2004 Kubota M100 with FEL
1999 Kubota M9000 with FEL
2001 Chev 1500 4x4 with 8' Artic Straight Blade
2001 Chev 2500 HD Diesel with BOSS 8.2 Vee with Western Wings
2003 Chev 2500 HD Diesel with BOSS 8.2 Vee with Western Wings
post #13 of 22 Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC Driver View Post
David,

Nice plow - looking forward to hearing how the Arctic performs for you. London Machinery has always had a good rep for there manufacturing - although it's been a few years since I ran an Arctic.

Where are you located in Ontario?
Hey David,

Im just west of London or east of Windsor in the town of Belle River along the shores of lake st. clair. This is nice as we get lake effect snow lots of the time when others don't get any $$$.

My welder is fabricating a brackett for me to fit in my center console cup holder so I can try the joystick controller with my right hand. I have red guys like using the stick with the right better in this position so I will try it. This is an entire new ballgame with this kinda control for me. I am afraid at the first few storms may be a challange...lol
post #14 of 22 Old 10-15-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:

in the town of Belle River

I'm familiar with that area - grew up on the southwest side of London, but have family in Chatham area, as well as Watford, Wyoming, Petrolia, Bothwell,...

I'll keep it anonymous - you know how it can be with family. Some are a little embarassing.

Good luck with the plow - you should pick up on the joystick quick. I think it matters what your used to - I still prefer the switch boxes for the Boss Vs, but the guys here love the jostick controller. Of course they're totally different than the Blizzard joystick (of course)- so I look like an idiot trying to run the Boss-V.

Dave H
Lakeside Landscape Inc.

A few GMC's

A few plows and salters - Boss & Blizzard, Salt-Doggs & s/s v-boxes

Erie #22, #55, #88, #121, #127
post #15 of 22 Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Hey guys , just want to chime in on the lights , I'm a new dealer and the light kit upgrade is worth it and Arctic just lowerd the price on them , they are the nordic lights and they are pretty brite , I have both styles and the plugs are NOT interchangable but they are working on an adapter plug to go back and forth between both sets , cool site , cant wait for snow
post #16 of 22 Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Arctic 8ft V

Anyone know where I can find one of these? The dealer says they are out of stock till mar 2010.
post #17 of 22 Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 PM

Maybe find a dealer with a powder coated one that will trade up to galvi. when it comes in , there must be a number of them out there I have two but I'm in MN , good luck, Larry

'04 F-350, 6.0 BFG MTs truetrac in rear 8'poly ,galvi Arctic full trip,
post #18 of 22 Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplowjay View Post
John (Garagekeeper) has been having entire plows hot dip galvanized for years and I know he has had nothing but excellent results!!!
Can I have my Blizzards galvanized?

hlntoiz-Matt
Neighborhood Services, LLC
www.NHsvcs.com
Facebook Fan Page

2007.5 CC 6.7 Dodge Ram 3500 Erie Special #15.5
1999 CC 5.9 Dodge Ram 3500
2000 330 Peterbilt Hooklift truck
2008 Yanmar VIO 35-3
2004 Takeucki TL130
1999 B7500 Kubota
post #19 of 22 Old 11-06-2009, 06:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to snowplowjay Send a message via Yahoo to snowplowjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlntoiz View Post
Can I have my Blizzards galvanized?
You sure can!!!

One of the very first Blizzards ever built is floating around our area here and it is Hot Dip Galvanized...
post #20 of 22 Old 01-05-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Hey all ,

Just got the new Arctic V installed on my F-350 here is some pictures.
just wondering how the plow preforms pros&cons?
thanks

Jeremy

Ferrera Fence and Deck

2004 GMC 2500HD Diesel 9' Arctic
2001 GMC 2500HD Diesel 9' Arctic with pro wings
2002 GMC 2500HD Gas 8' Arctic
1999 GMC 3500 Diesel 9' Arctic
1999 CASE Skid Steer 7'6" Fisher
1999 FORD F-550 7.3L PSD 15' Flatbed
post #21 of 22 Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Nice plow DP! I really like the galvanized coating ... curious to see how it holds up. I just bought a new Boss VXT ... still haven't put it to work yet and it's showing rust at the welds already. The rust was there before it was even installed. There's a shop just down the road here that does hot-dipped galvanizing so I may go that route when the plow needs refinishing. I like the looks of it myself. good luck!

06 Inferno Red-Grey Leather / 2500 HD 4x4 RC/LB / Laramie-H pkg / 3.73 anti-spin / 325/610 CTD HO / 48RE Auto / Snow Plow Prep / 2" Levelled / Bilstein 5100's all 4 corners / Timbrens / Smarty Jr / 2010 Boss VXT 9'2" poly
post #22 of 22 Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 AM

Ive been plowing 20 years and i have run arctics for all 20. Might of replaced a pump or two back in the day on the old ones but all the recent stuff has been no prob. Ive seen the new all galv ones i think i will stick with the painted ones. i run one Myres that came with the truck its 7 years old and never gave me one problem so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode