87 Chevy 2wd dual tank problem - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 01:45 PM

87 Chevy 2wd dual tank problem

I have an 87 chevy truck. It has the dual tanks. The problems began when the truck would run on one tank, and I couldn't switch to the other, and vice versa. finally the truck would not start, fuel gauge was dead reading half fuel. I have replaced the fuel selector valve along pax side frame rail. The selector switch has no power to it. I have traced the wiring down and if I put 12V between the orange wire(in the fuel pump relay) and the wire going to the selector switch. The fuel guage works and I can hear the fuel selector valve clicking, but truck will not start. The wiring diagram I have in the haynes manual does not show dual tank installation. I have replaced the fuel tank switch, fuel pump relay, fuel tank selector valve, and ECM computer, fuses look good. Need help guys, trucks been down for a week!!!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007, 03:01 AM

Welcome to the site. Check out this thread, http://www.letstalksnow.com/forums/s...l+tank+problem
Old 06-26-2007, 03:45 AM

Yeah, thanks for the thread info. Read that one about 2:00am last night searching through all the old threads. I think it is on the right track. I don't have power to the fuel tank selector switch. Understand from Wyldeman, that it is powered by a pink wire from the #4 fuse. Stupid question, how do you determine where the #4 fuse is located? I know you guys are tired of hearing about fuel tank problems, but I'm losing sleep over this one, thanks for the help, great site!