Plow Angle - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-12-2017, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Plow Angle

Hello everyone

I am wondering if changing the angle of my plow blade will help with the performance of my plow. First some background; I currently plow with a 72" Meyer blade on my Jeep CJ 7. The jeep has 5" of lift and 35" tires. I dropped a normal CJ plow frame to allow it to work on my jeep. As a result the mounts are also about 3" aft of where they normally sit. When I built built the frame I set it up such that the A frame was level. I neglected to account for the sag the jeep would take over the winter. So at this point I am left with about a 5* lean back. Normally I would not normally care. I am just doing my own driveway.

However when we get large storms (8+") the plow at time has a tendency to not stay down eventually it kinda floats up and I ended up with a large pile of snow between the plow and the jeep front tires. At this point the plow becomes a big anchor. I can't back up and I can't go forward.

In short do you all think change the plow to leaning forward would help prevent it from riding up on it's own?

I'll try and get some pictures up later if that is helpful. Thanks for all the advice.

TK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode