how to get a Hoisting license in massachusetts - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 AM

Question how to get a Hoisting license in massachusetts

HeY guys I have been trying to do some research on getting my Class 2a hoisting license, I would like to get the license to have because lately I have been finding myself running a lot of bobcats and backhoes and loaders for snow removal. Also I this think that a will be running thses machines in the summer time too.

First is there a book out there that you can read up on or a practice test, the only thing I could find on the internet was the application. Also I know that you need a DOT health card too, Do I go to my regular doctor and get one through him or how dose that work.

I am trying to work my way through this I know that a few guys here have already gone through all of this before, If you guys could tell were I need to go to get the right the right stuuf and get the ball rolling it would be greatly appreciated . THANKS

Shane

Somerville, MA

Last edited by Sharpshooter77; 12-11-2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 07:03 AM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

Department of Public safety is where you need to contact.

The exams are given at Ft. Devens

Member: Stainless Users Group

Confidence; the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

January 20th, 2009............The beginning of an Error.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM

Shane,

I got mine by simply taking the test, but I knew a lot of the basics such as: hydraulics, hand signals, and safety regs. If you need to study these things, I would try one of the local schools that are listed in the Herald. I think they even sponser you and cover the testings fees. This way you are sure to pass and you'll be able to list the school on your resume. I operate my father's equipment and my own on an as needed basis, as I'm civil engineer, not a full time equipment operator. For anyone who operates full time, the more training you can list on your resume, the better.

I would highly recommend anyone who operated equipment to also take the 40hr OSHA HAZWOPER training as well.