how to get a Hoisting license in massachusetts - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 200
Question how to get a Hoisting license in massachusetts

HeY guys I have been trying to do some research on getting my Class 2a hoisting license, I would like to get the license to have because lately I have been finding myself running a lot of bobcats and backhoes and loaders for snow removal. Also I this think that a will be running thses machines in the summer time too.

First is there a book out there that you can read up on or a practice test, the only thing I could find on the internet was the application. Also I know that you need a DOT health card too, Do I go to my regular doctor and get one through him or how dose that work.

I am trying to work my way through this I know that a few guys here have already gone through all of this before, If you guys could tell were I need to go to get the right the right stuuf and get the ball rolling it would be greatly appreciated . THANKS


1993 F-250 4x4 8' fisher, 7.3 IDI DIESEL
1988 F-600 dump, 370 gasser, 9'&10' fisher
1989 V3500 dump 4x4 9' fisher

Somerville, MA

Last edited by Sharpshooter77; 12-11-2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Sharpshooter77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 12-11-2007, 07:03 AM - Addict
Big Dog D's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Mass
Posts: 1,663
Department of Public safety is where you need to contact.

The exams are given at Ft. Devens

SIMA since 99

Member: Stainless Users Group

Confidence; the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

January 20th, 2009............The beginning of an Error.
Big Dog D is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
crashz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 605

I got mine by simply taking the test, but I knew a lot of the basics such as: hydraulics, hand signals, and safety regs. If you need to study these things, I would try one of the local schools that are listed in the Herald. I think they even sponser you and cover the testings fees. This way you are sure to pass and you'll be able to list the school on your resume. I operate my father's equipment and my own on an as needed basis, as I'm civil engineer, not a full time equipment operator. For anyone who operates full time, the more training you can list on your resume, the better.

I would highly recommend anyone who operated equipment to also take the 40hr OSHA HAZWOPER training as well.
crashz is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome