curtis v plow - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 11:34 AM

curtis v plow

Looking for input on the curtis v plow versus the other v plows out there, a friend owns the local curtis dealer and will give me a great deal on one just wondering how it back blades and speed etc of it compared to the boss, fisher, and western v-plows. I dont believe it has locking cylinders like the boss and we have a lot of back bladingon someofour accounts. Has anyone ever put wings of some type on one? thanks Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 04:38 AM

V-plow

I had a V plow put on my 94 f-350 when they first came out. It was a protype, had some issues with the center tower. Curtis was great at dealing with it. Nice plow,easy to hook up & operate. Plowed 30-40 cust. never a let down. Back bladed ok, plenty fast enough. That was 3-4 yr ago, I am sure they have improved. Good luck & happy plowing
Old 02-11-2007, 10:20 AM

No curtis plows myself, but I am a PROUD western owner. I have the "old" Ultra MVP as well as the new MVP+ and love them both. The new ones are awesome. They scrap like nothing Ive seen and are super fast. And the tripedge is a must if you ask me. I like the fact that you can replace the moldboard will keeping the frame intact, too. Thats my 2 cents, hope I helped.

Family Business, Second Generation In The Dirt
Old 02-11-2007, 11:45 AM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Sponsor

They scrap like nothing Ive seen

That's my thought on the MVP's and the Fishers too

All of the V's have a purpose. You excede that and the scrap heap is there destiny.

Curtis wouldn't be my first choice of v plow. Like the Boss they use a spring return system instead of double acting cyls.

Go with the West or the Fisher for best overall performance IMO.

Jerre

“Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today. As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer Was I Worth Dying For?”[Eleanor Roosevelt]

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible. D.K. PhD

If you can’t do what I do, as well as I do, don’t tell me what to do. Mike Coombs

Why Carry a Pistol....Because a Policeman is too heavy....
Old 02-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerre Heyer
They scrap like nothing Ive seen

That's my thought on the MVP's and the Fishers too

All of the V's have a purpose. You excede that and the scrap heap is there destiny.

Curtis wouldn't be my first choice of v plow. Like the Boss they use a spring return system instead of double acting cyls.

Go with the West or the Fisher for best overall performance IMO.

Jerre

Hey michgensuperduty I see you are new (only 2 posts) listen to what jerre says if anyone knows about the goods and bads about plows it is him. Trust me he has never steered anyone wrong on here.

Yamaha Big Bear 4X4 quad with 60" plow

"When the Alarm sounds At two in the morning do you know who responds? Your neighbor thats who While you sleep they help protect the town.

Volunteer FireFighters The Unpaid Professionals

9-11-01 never forget and never forgive

343 FDNY
rest in peace boys ya did good!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 AM

Well I ended up buying aCurtis vee about 4 weeks ago from a guy who bought it two weeks before and then needed to sell it because he needed to pay some unexpected medical bills, so I ended up with a great deal on it. But heres the trouble, compared to my Curtis straight blade it runs at about half or less the speed and goes way to slow, I have been using my straight blade again because the vee runs so slow it costs me a lot of time. The fluid is full, does anyone have any ideas why it is so slow, or what to do to speed it up, thanks Aaron
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM

I have last years model V Plow from Curtis. It has the double acting pistons... got rid of the return springs. I only wish it was a trip edge.
It was slow too, the guys at the shop changed out the pump and valve block and not it is really quick.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM

I just bought the new trip edge poly curtis v yesterday seems much faster than my old one, cant wait to try iy out. plus it has the new headlights on it.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigansuperduty View Post
I just bought the new trip edge poly curtis v yesterday seems much faster than my old one, cant wait to try iy out. plus it has the new headlights on it.
Tell me about these headlights.