Toro dingo for snow removal? - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 07:13 PM

Toro dingo for snow removal?

This past spring I purchased a new Dingo for my landscaping business. I would love to also utilize this machine for residential snow removal. Does anyone have first hand experience with them for snow work?

I am also concerned about the bucket scraping/marking or damaging clients driveways. Could I attach a edge of some sort to the bucket?? Im up for suggestions. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 07:28 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

Ive operated a Toro Dingo before and I can tell you one thing..........counterweight in the back is key................Did you purchase the weight blocks for the standing plate:????

If not id recommend purchasing them or rigging something up before even considering the Dingo for snow.......

Jay
Old 11-09-2004, 07:34 PM

Yes I did get the counter weight with it at time of purchase.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:37 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator

I think you'd be better off getting a snow blade or blower attachment rather than using the bucket. It will be a slow operation with the bucket.

A urethane edge can be fitted to the bucket to stop the scraping.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:38 AM

one of the local post hole contractors around here runs one and in the winter clears sidewalks at some condos. They throw a blower on the front and it sure does blow snow. Seems to be a bit of a messy operation as the operator always seems completly covered in snow? Do they make a cab/shelter for them? Overall it moves a lot of snow.

2005 Ram 2500 QC CTD w 8' Hiniker Scoop, Fisher Speedscaster 2
2001 Int 4700 D444E w 10' Arctic blade, Arctic 8' Honda powered V
2005 JD 317 SS w heavily modded 8' Meyers/Arctic blade
2001 Hiniker 8' Split Trip Poly BUP
Old 11-10-2004, 04:52 AM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

We used to use ours for removal on walks. It is unstoppable, but also very slow. We used the 'dozer' blade with a rubber edge mounted on it. This was before urethane edges were big.

The broom and blower work well also. We do not own either but have demoed both, but they are even slower than the blade. Toro does have a 3 sided enclosure for the Dingo, at least they did when we were using it.

I am not saying that it cannot be used, just don't figure on a lot of production out of it. My biggest problem with it is that it is very difficult if not impossible to angle the blade or move the boom\blade and keep moving as well. We used it about 5-6 years ago during a 22" storm with high winds. Never put the bucket on, we only used the blade. Like I said, they are pretty much unstoppable.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:10 PM

I'll second Mark and others on the Dingo being unstopable, but they are slow. The blower was nice (demoed it) but we don't own one. But since you divert hydraulics from the wheels to the attachment it's insanely slow. I also had problems with the 20 hp Kohler engine, it doesn't like the cooler weather. We had to attach the air intake hose (replaced with steel type) down next to the muffler so we could suck warmer air.