Backdraging. - Snow Plow Forum -†Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2006, 09:01 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

Backdraging.

How well are the blizzards at that task? I have been using a blizzard low pro last year but didnít have to do any drives or loading docs.

I plow Driveway's and have a 7.5 Daniels pull plow(crap) and a fisher 8' blade on my truck. I either get rid of the Fisher and Daniels and go blizzard 810 or get rid of the Daniels and go for a snowman pull plow or maybe possibly a Wyldman pull plow and keep the old fisher blade.

Dave.
2007 Dodge Cummins 2500HD 8611LP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 06:18 AM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Sponsor

They work great. If you are mechanically and electrically inclined you could also weld on the parts and add the wiring to make down pressure available for the unit. But the 810 does a great job without it. Jerre

ďLest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today. As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer Was I Worth Dying For?Ē[Eleanor Roosevelt]

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible. D.K. PhD

If you canít do what I do, as well as I do, donít tell me what to do. Mike Coombs

Why Carry a Pistol....Because a Policeman is too heavy....
Old 08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator

Scrapes about the cleanest of any plow I've owned, 10' at a time!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 PM

I have to ask why your Daniels Pull Plow is crap?
When properly adjusted you should see nothing but clean pavement after you are through plowing your customers driveways. Daniels Pull Plows have around 1800 lbs of down pressure should you need to dig into hardpacked snow and are one of the easiest backblades to hook up and to keep operating. It would be interesting to see some pictures of what your experiencing when your pulling snow next season,
John...
SaltDogg & SnowEx Spreaders: FallLine Edges:
Sales & Service
plowtec@hotmail.com
847-998-9557
Old 08-03-2006, 06:14 PM

My 8611 cleans down to the pavement. 11 feet wide.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:55 AM

Back drag

Blizzards back drag nice plenty on wieght on the edge.

However like John said whats wrong with the Daniels had a Daniels on one of the TJ's at a condo for 5yrs and it did a awesome job.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 AM

I'll second or third the opinions on backdragging and the Daniel's. Seem to be a very well-built plow from what I've seen. I have one truck that doesn't have a back\pull plow except for my 2 large trucks with spreaders and that is my personal truck with the Sidewing. If I didn't have that, I would have a back plade on it. If I were you and already had a back blade I wouldn't get rid of it, especially if you are doing a lot of residential.

The Blizzards are heavy enough that they drag just fine except for hardpack.

America was founded by Right-Wing Extremists.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 AM

Well my Daniels is only 7' wide (I know that can be fixed) I wish it was wider as well. I bought it used last year and its sort of bent, previous owner must have backed into something. The plow is not easy at all at 2am in the morning to get on the truck or get off the truck when I'm done with it and have to rush off to my other job if need be.

I'd prefer the snowman back plow it looks allot easier to get on and off the truck. I do need something that gets rid of the hard pack. The fisher is still good for what I use it for, so its mainly my rear end gear that’s a problem. I thought I might be able to get away with just a blizzard 810.

Dave.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:34 AM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboy
Well my Daniels is only 7' wide (I know that can be fixed) I wish it was wider as well. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'd prefer the snowman back plow it looks allot easier to get on and off the truck.
The wider the rear plow the easier it is to get wound up in stuff you really would prefer to avoid. Been there done that. As for easy to mount, looks can be deceiving. My 75LDA Snowman is a bear to hook up. Unless the plow spud and the truck receiver are lined up perfectly you can count on plenty of lifting and tugging, both on and off. Doesn't matter too much to me because I lift the plow on an overhead hoist until things line up and slide into place.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:44 AM

Alan,

You think the extra foot would make a diff? I find I have to get in too close to the side of the house and then I have to watch out I donít hit my mirror. I tried to build a plow cart for the Daniels but that didnít work due to the way it sits on the truck and the fact it would fall back on me when I take it off the truck.

My neighbor has a 3 year old snowman but I've never seen him mount it or take it off.

Dave.