fisher v plow - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2003, 01:57 PM

Question fisher v plow

hi i have a fisher v plow on my 02 2500 chev, the right side wing will not move allthe time and when it does it makes a sound like the motor is working to hard. allso when i put the plow on "float" in doesnt let me push the ram down also when its going down the motor makes a sound almost like the fluid is going backwards. can this be caused because of old fluid. i was thinking that it was the a valve. if it was how can i check it and replace it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 02:34 PM

It's most likely a bad connection at the 10 pin plug on the outside of the truck, have you been using lots of dielectric grease? Make sure all the pins are there and try wiggling the plug to get a good connection. It could also be one of the pins where the Fish stik attaches, not making a good connection. You can also go to http://www.fisherplows.com and go to the support/service section and download the mechanics manual, there's a flow chart for problem solving which valve might not be working.

Bill
Old 12-03-2003, 05:26 AM

Bad fluid probally is not the problem. Can you give me a list of all of the functions that do not work? If it sounds like the motor is running backwards it may be your S2 cart that is stuck open and the weight of the blade is forcing the fluid down thru the pump. But then again if all of your other functions work this probally not the problem. You will need to go thru all 10 functions so i have accurate info. The S2 cart is located between the plow and truck not out front. When you take the cover off it is to the right with the blue wire on the coil. When you remove it take a small probe and insert it into the end. It should move about a 1/8".
www.fisherplows.com
Old 12-03-2003, 02:08 PM

Well my old EZ-V is seeing new life with new 9.5 wings and blade stop kit. First event of the season, about a 6 in snowfall last night.
It appears most of the issues with the v plow I had over the years have been looked after with the stop kit.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-plow sidewing 048.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	840  
Old 12-03-2003, 02:12 PM

Here's the front with the new carbide edges.

ah Chuck could we have a plowing smiilie with a yellow plow?

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-plow sidewing 049.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	841  
Old 12-03-2003, 03:57 PM

Bill, are those blade stop custom fabricated by you or do Fisher carry them in market as "add-on" accessories?

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4
8' Fisher HD Minute Mount 2

"Without knowledge, you cannot do your job."
Old 12-03-2003, 04:02 PM

All the 9.5 V's come with those now,they were also installed with a service bulletin on the older ones a while back.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the info. - I know that the newer 9.5' V plows comes with these blade stop because I have seen them at my Fisher dealer, but just wasn't sure about the older version V plows. Those bump stops that I saw looks good to me, and it should help solve the creasing problem.

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4
8' Fisher HD Minute Mount 2

"Without knowledge, you cannot do your job."
Old 12-04-2003, 05:08 PM

The stop kit is part # 26634, since my plow was originally an 8.5, the A frames are the same, the stop kit could also be fitted to the 8.5 blades, but you'll need to fabricate the 2 plates on the wings that butt against the stop kit rails.

Bill
Old 12-06-2003, 08:54 AM
GO GO Gadget Plow!

Actually the stops add to the creasing issue. See where they contact the moldboard? The creases form on the box plate just above the stops. In order to fully solve the issue, the stops woul need to contact the moldboard between trip springs 1&2
Dino
Old 12-18-2003, 04:04 PM

Dino

You're wrong, haveing over 4000 hours on my original V and about 50 hours on my new wings with the stops, I don't have any creases, and I haven't broken any angle cylinder fittings nor bend any 1" pins!
This is with carbide cutting edges which are much harsher on the wings, especially since with all our snow there's no frost. Remember without the stop kit all the force goes through the angle cylinder pins inboard of the stops, remember 6" divides the # of ft pounds by half!

Bill
Old 12-19-2003, 04:34 PM
GO GO Gadget Plow!

Glad they are working for you, plow looks good, just give it some time. My bet is by end of season those creases will be there. I hope not, I have no ill will towards fisher. Howver I am rarely wrong, I admit when I am. and I am not wrong when it comes to fisher v plow creasing.
Dino