Having a Fisher XLS installed - Page 2 - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
LetsTalkSnow.com - Addict

I haven't spent so much as a dime at Messers for at least 3 years now. I had issues with Fisher, but Messers compounded the problems I had. Several places here are my postings on the issues with the pro-caster sander I purchased with the Honda motor and the complete debacle I went through with it both from Fisher and from Messers. Neither cared to fix the damn thing nor wanted to honor the warranty when they realized the chute system was junk. I had to corner several reps at the Fryeburg Fair in front of a crowd to get someone to finally agree to fix it. It's old news, but it really soured my attitude toward Fisher.

I'm now a happy Boss man and have no intention of ever returning. I used to bleed yellow, but I've seen the light and am happy. I have no need for Messer, there are lots of other dealers for dump bodies etc... that love to have my business.

I wish Fisher well, Messer, not so much.
Kubota M7040, 8' pusher, 8' blower.
2005 Takeuchi 135
IAFF Local 740

Facebook: A. T. Greene Excavation & Snowplowing

www.atgreene.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2010, 03:19 AM

Too bad for Messers and Fisher sounds like they have lost a great customer for good.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM

I think what Alan said about that one dealer is true to alot of dealer even in non plow related sales. any one can be a dealer hell i could sell plows and what ever but to know what your selling and be there for the after sale suport is what makes a good dealer in anything in my book. as was stated they lost a fisher customer .And alot of service today i think is just all money related who's fault is it to see who pays . and granted everyone that walks thru the door for a complant can't be given the keys to the city so to speak but you then get in a battle with the MFG weather it be fisher boss or who ever what ever.

This is not a fisher only problem i think there are bad apples in every industry and some of us have 13 tattooed on us and just pick those bad ones LOL.

but on a fixing note when an MFG is told of such a problem maybe it's there guidlines are not good enough maybe they have to have a sit down with there dealers to say hey we want our customers to be happy no matter what with in reason and have reps from the mfg be able to go down or intervine and talk with the customer on the problem so they know first hand that they are not getting the run a round? maybe that is something that will cost the co more maybe not.

2005 Ford F-350 6.0L diesel ,Patriot light bar
1997 chevy K2500 6.5L diesel (sold)
1997 Case 580L , 2004 Gehl 4640
2000 Chevy 3500 van
1995 Ford E350 15' cube van 7.3L diesel
Old 10-31-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Murphy View Post
I'd like to try and do that. If I could arrange a meeting with yourself, our Regional Sales Manager, and Jeff Messer to review this matter, would you be on-board with that?
Thats a strong move on your part .
Old 11-01-2010, 05:12 AM

I apologize in advance to Bill White. Once again on this site, we've managed to find a way to take a positive post, and turn it negative.

Just thought I'd try to piece together this whole exchange, which is still a little baffling to me.

I don't think you can really reach any other conclusion then the fact that your offer was disingenious, but mine still stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgreene View Post
Fisher may take their service seriously, but once it leaves their plant, their dealers can choose to completely disregard the customer.

If you don't believe me, stop by sometime and we'll visit the "biggest Fisher dealer in Maine" and you can see it first hand.

Fisher allows it, condones it and has yet to do anything about it.

Quote:
I'd like to try and do that. If I could arrange a meeting with yourself, our Regional Sales Manager, and Jeff Messer to review this matter, would you be on-board with that?

Quote:
I haven't spent so much as a dime at Messers for at least 3 years now. I had issues with Fisher, but Messers compounded the problems I had.

I have no need for Messer, there are lots of other dealers for dump bodies etc... that love to have my business.

I wish Fisher well, Messer, not so much.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM

John, I have complained about the same issues with Fisher/Messer for close to 5 years on this site. This is the first time that you have offered to try to correct anything, I take offense to your effort to now try to make nice.

My money and my recommendations will go to the companies that support me when I support them, not to companies that take 5 years to finally decide to apologize and right a wrong.

I wish Bill well with his XLS, Fred has preached about what a great plow it is, and I don't doubt it. I didn't wade into this to provoke a fight, but when asked I said that I was going with the Boss due to service issues etc... with Messer, and judgeing from some of the responses to my statement I'm obviously not the only one.
Kubota M7040, 8' pusher, 8' blower.
2005 Takeuchi 135
IAFF Local 740

Facebook: A. T. Greene Excavation & Snowplowing

www.atgreene.com
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM

I too have had problems with Messers, I will say the last 2 years have been better in the parts department. Can't say about the service department, stopped doing business with them about 15 years ago. We now do everything in house other than initial installs because I buy the vehicle with the plow.

John, my company is a long time Fisher user and I must say the way you have come after Alan publicly in this thread has come off very unprofessional. Is it your goal here to alienate more Fisher users, because that is what it is bordering on. Maybe it's to quiet people from discussing the issues they have had with your product and service. Either way, from a loyal, long time Fisher user and supporter it does seem unprofessional to me.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSCLandscaping View Post
I too have had problems with Messers, I will say the last 2 years have been better in the parts department. Can't say about the service department, stopped doing business with them about 15 years ago. We now do everything in house other than initial installs because I buy the vehicle with the plow.

John, my company is a long time Fisher user and I must say the way you have come after Alan publicly in this thread has come off very unprofessional. Is it your goal here to alienate more Fisher users, because that is what it is bordering on. Maybe it's to quiet people from discussing the issues they have had with your product and service. Either way, from a loyal, long time Fisher user and supporter it does seem unprofessional to me.
As a manufacturer coming to this site, this is the dilemma. Do you not come to the site at all, and listen to the criticism for "being too big to care"? Or, do you sit back and watch people who are having issues, struggle with them, and offer no assistance whatsoever? Or, do you listen to people on here make criticisms (oftentimes unsubstantiated) without defending yourself? Or, do you offer to help? And, when you offer to help, and that help then apparently becomes unwanted, and are then still criticized, and accused of being unprofessional?

In this case, all I did was offer to help. But, for some reason, even though Alan was inviting help, my offer to help was rejected out of hand.

So, maybe you're right. Maybe the simple solution is to just go away and let you all have at it, and provide no assistance at all. However, I don't believe that's what most people want based on the messages of support that I have received. And, I don't believe that's what Chuck would want. Ask yourself how many other snow and ice manufacturer's are on here regularly, and why do you think that is?

My memory of Alan's spreader chute issue is a little different. Unfortunately, the site's previous threads/posts only go back a year or so and I can not produce that thread or PM's to support my position. However, I specifically remember getting involved in that situation and working with both Tom Shaw and Bob P. at Messer to help him out. In fact, I believe he came to Messer's Open House that year, arriving and departing very early that morning before I personally arrived to meet with him. The chute swap-out was scheduled shortly thereafter.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
As a manufacturer coming to this site, this is the dilemma. Do you not come to the site at all, and listen to the criticism for "being too big to care"? Or, do you sit back and watch people who are having issues, struggle with them, and offer no assistance whatsoever? Or, do you listen to people on here make criticisms (oftentimes unsubstantiated) without defending yourself? Or, do you offer to help? And, when you offer to help, and that help then apparently becomes unwanted, and are then still criticized, and accused of being unprofessional?

In this case, all I did was offer to help. But, for some reason, even though Alan was inviting help, my offer to help was rejected out of hand.
It does not sound like Alan was asking for your help. His mind is made up he has switched to another company and is happy with the decision he has made. He was telling people about the experience he had had that made him switch from your company as he has every right to do. You came across to me as calling him out publicly and trying to intimidate him. A PM to him would have been a much better way to go.

Quote:
So, maybe you're right. Maybe the simple solution is to just go away and let you all have at it, and provide no assistance at all. However, I don't believe that's what most people want based on the messages of support that I have received. And, I don't believe that's what Chuck would want. Ask yourself how many other snow and ice manufacturer's are on here regularly, and why do you think that is?
I don't think you should just go away or stop contributing, as I stated a PM would have been the way to go.

I can tell you that I have had an issue with Messers myself. If you would like to know about it I will PM you, if not that's fine as well. I haven't stopped buying parts there, but I now look for alternatives as well.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSCLandscaping View Post
I can tell you that I have had an issue with Messers myself. If you would like to know about it I will PM you, if not that's fine as well. I haven't stopped buying parts there, but I now look for alternatives as well.

Of course, we're here to help in whatever way we can - so surely I'd like to know. Whether that's to try and broker a meeting with any of our independantly owned dealers, if necessary in the case of a major disagreement, quickly answer a question, or any other of a countless number of possible situations.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Fisher may take their service seriously, but once it leaves their plant, their dealers can choose to completely disregard the customer.

If you don't believe me, stop by sometime and we'll visit the "biggest Fisher dealer in Maine" and you can see it first hand. I can drive 1/4 mile further and actually talk to someone who cares if I'm happy about my Boss install and will remember me when I come back for a cutting edge. Been there done that, and I can give you the names of 10 other plow guys who have also run into the same issue. They love to sell it, but once you leave the yard, you're on your own.

Fisher allows it, condones it and has yet to do anything about it.
Alan, I didnt mean to get everybody wound up. I feel really bad that you dont get the service you expect and deserve. Again I wish you were closer to me. I started selling Fisher two years ago as a sub-dealer, and I have been using Fisher plows since 1979. I feel they are a quality product and have quality service and have always backed me up when I have not been able to figure something out. I feel Fisher needs to look at their dealer network and realize bigger is not always better.
2007 Caterpillar 906 Wheel Loader
Old 11-03-2010, 05:17 AM

Bill,

Did you ever get the plow installed? Do you have any pictures of it?

Member: Stainless Users Group

Confidence; the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

January 20th, 2009............The beginning of an Error.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog D View Post
Bill,

Did you ever get the plow installed? Do you have any pictures of it?
The Plow has been installed and is sitting in my garage . Pics of truck/plow soon . A manufacturing glitch was noticed when I picked up the plow and Fisher immediately said they would build and ship out a new complete blade assembly . It will be swapped out Monday at Tuck's Trucks . I thank Fisher for exceptional customer service and really standing behind their products .
7' snowman backplow/18" extension
A CAT C9-400HP in back of a big box
Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Bill glade everything worked out for you. and that you got good service on both ends.

2000 Chevy 3500 van
Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 PM

Looking forward to seeing some pics Bill!!! Congrats!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 PM

How about a picture and describe the manufacture glitch...
Harder Electri-Spread SS v box
1946 Oshkosh W-307 12' Viking one way, 8' Frink V
Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhite View Post
The Plow has been installed and is sitting in my garage . Pics of truck/plow soon . A manufacturing glitch was noticed when I picked up the plow and Fisher immediately said they would build and ship out a new complete blade assembly . It will be swapped out Monday at Tuck's Trucks . I thank Fisher for exceptional customer service and really standing behind their products .

Did they put the Western stickers on a yellow plow again?

Glad that it's all working out for you and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjoker View Post
How about a picture and describe the manufacture glitch...
The face of the moldboard was being scratched by one of the wings . Looks like overzealous welding and it wasnt ground back . Again, the guys at Fisher stood behind their product bigtime !
Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhite View Post
The face of the moldboard was being scratched by one of the wings . Looks like overzealous welding and it wasnt ground back . Again, the guys at Fisher stood behind their product bigtime !

Bill,

That's great how you, Tucks and Fisher handled it. I don't know if you ever saw the 23 +/- page XLS thread over on P.S. started by a guy from Maine. It believe it or not it involves Alan's favorite business/dealer.

It was a drama filled disaster due largely in part to the original poster and Messers. Next time you have an hour or so to kill check it out.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Bill,

That's great how you, Tucks and Fisher handled it. I don't know if you ever saw the 23 +/- page XLS thread over on P.S. started by a guy from Maine. It believe it or not it involves Alan's favorite business/dealer.

It was a drama filled disaster due largely in part to the original poster and Messers. Next time you have an hour or so to kill check it out.
I got sick and tired of reading it. Stopped at aboot page 4 or 5, was asininely ridiculous.

America was founded by Right-Wing Extremists.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You are correct John. I wish that ALL the Sponsors here would host a week long discussion like Fisher, Western, and Blizzard do. I wish they would all participate regularly. I wish they would all announce new products here. I wouldn't care if they lurked and helped Members in PM with specific problems like Alan had. This is the perfect place for it. But, like I told you John, you have to take the good with the bad, which you always have. Criticism is not something most manufacturers want, especially public criticism. The fact is, the criticism is here, like it or not, and I applaud you for sticking your neck out every time you post. The more manufacturers that read the criticism, and do something about it, be it making a customer happy, or using the criticism to make a better product, the better off we will all be. Now if we could just get the engineers that design trucks to come here and actually listen, we'd be all set!

~Chuck
Authorized Meyer Distributor in Sussex County, NJ
North Jersey Meyer Plow Specialists
Old 11-06-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Smith View Post
Now if we could just get the engineers that design trucks to come here and actually listen, we'd be all set!

~Chuck
That would be great if that would happen you would think in this day and age with the internet and these sites that truck MFG's would be to get a perspecrive on what guy want in a truck and what they need.

2000 Chevy 3500 van
Old 11-06-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Bill,

I had the blade replacement response in about 3 days .
Old 12-04-2010, 04:53 AM

Well better late than never ... First congrats on the XLS Bill seems i know this guy that tested a first year unit and gave it probley the best reviews poss on a 50 push season.

I talked to Big D during midseason that year and he would buy his doesnt sound like he has any regrets .

Alan i truly have to play the devils advocate here you know i respect you and your friendship beyond words but basing a opinion on a product from a dealers actions doesnt seem real fair.

Everyday in life people make changes alot of times sadly it is based off the way they were treated in your case your dealer lost your buss and faith in Fisher but thats one dealer .

I am probley the most outspoken person here and when the XLS and Wideout came out that year at the NTEA show i openly admitt i lashed John Murphy worse than anyone , i would end up buying the XLS from my trusted dealer to bascily see if i could distroy it truth was i couldnt and if anyone wants to read the sticky thread above us on the XLS and my testing of it at the end i truly ate humble pie because the XLS would end up being probley one of the best powerplows in our fleet. The raffle of that plow was truly because i was retiring from plowing and my desire to help the Cancer community.

Has the direction of DD its corp america but understand something loud and clear in all of my buss dealings even today to have a rep that even answers a question in a forum like this is unheard of but speaks volumes for the company he works for.

One example owning a Harley Davidson dealership with over 3 millon dollars in inventory getting to speak with Wille Davidson was inposs talking to someone even close at Harley with John Murphys Stature was Imposs here your getting a response on a website from him i find that admirebale.

I dont like the direction Harley Davidson is going either but its corp america again.

I truly understand your frustrated but you moved on. Iam sure it doesnt change your mindset but i will speak for John Murphys charecter and iam sure he has addressed the issued in one way or another with said dealer.

Again Bill White congrats on your XLS and enjoy...
Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickering Snow View Post
Well better late than never ... First congrats on the XLS Bill seems i know this guy that tested a first year unit and gave it probley the best reviews poss on a 50 push season.

I talked to Big D during midseason that year and he would buy his doesnt sound like he has any regrets .

Alan i truly have to play the devils advocate here you know i respect you and your friendship beyond words but basing a opinion on a product from a dealers actions doesnt seem real fair.

Everyday in life people make changes alot of times sadly it is based off the way they were treated in your case your dealer lost your buss and faith in Fisher but thats one dealer .

I am probley the most outspoken person here and when the XLS and Wideout came out that year at the NTEA show i openly admitt i lashed John Murphy worse than anyone , i would end up buying the XLS from my trusted dealer to bascily see if i could distroy it truth was i couldnt and if anyone wants to read the sticky thread above us on the XLS and my testing of it at the end i truly ate humble pie because the XLS would end up being probley one of the best powerplows in our fleet. The raffle of that plow was truly because i was retiring from plowing and my desire to help the Cancer community.

Has the direction of DD its corp america but understand something loud and clear in all of my buss dealings even today to have a rep that even answers a question in a forum like this is unheard of but speaks volumes for the company he works for.

One example owning a Harley Davidson dealership with over 3 millon dollars in inventory getting to speak with Wille Davidson was inposs talking to someone even close at Harley with John Murphys Stature was Imposs here your getting a response on a website from him i find that admirebale.

I dont like the direction Harley Davidson is going either but its corp america again.

I truly understand your frustrated but you moved on. Iam sure it doesnt change your mindset but i will speak for John Murphys charecter and iam sure he has addressed the issued in one way or another with said dealer.

Again Bill White congrats on your XLS and enjoy...
Thanks, Fred
Your testing results proved to me that the XLS was a solid plow .