Myers plow mounting hardware - Snow Plow Forum - Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2003, 04:11 PM

Myers plow mounting hardware

Myers plow mount
1st post here. Hello

Can someone point where I can find info on myers mounts.
I have a 88' F250 with myers setup. I need to know what other Ford years this mount will fit.
I'am looking at a 96' F250 to buy, but I want to switch the mount off my 88'.

Thanks
JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2003, 04:39 PM

First is it a conventional style or EZ mount? Your truck frame will fit a 87 to 92 ford. in 93 they changed the frame and body. you could probably modify the frame to fit if you had to or if is an ez mount just buy the truck side for about $300.00.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:47 PM

conventional style

Do you mean modify the mount? Not the frame.

Is the EZ mount the standard these days? $300

thanks
JD
Old 11-16-2003, 04:57 PM

Yes I meant the mount, not the truck. They do not make conventional mounts anymore, haven't for years. Now even the Ez mount is being phased out for the MDII style, If you change over to the EZ mount from a conventional style you will need the truck mount (comes with hardware nuts, bolts, instructions etc) and a lift frame. Also if you have the 29" a frame you will need to change that also to the 23" frame. You could use the longer a frame but the plow would stick off the front of the truck about a foot more and if you were to hit something hard it would bend and twist easier. Hope I answered your questions.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:01 PM

You would most usually never modify the frame. Yes the EZ mount is the norm these day.

A new EZ mount set up for your truck (truck side mount and lift frame) will run you $639.25 + shipping. PM me for the source.

Your lights, control harness and pump will work. The ONLY thing you may have to do is adjust the A-Frame mount tabs bust it is most unlikely.

Good Luck. Bill
Old 11-16-2003, 05:17 PM

Just speaking from experience, been there done that type of thing. Just trying to give a possible heads up. I would shorten the frame because I have all the tools and know how to do that, I wasn't sure if he is equipped to do that himself.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:16 PM

Thanks guys for your prompt response.

Ok, The EZ mount I would have to replace the lift frame attached to my plow to a narrower frame. 29" wide that I have now to a 23" frame. Correct?

My current conventional mount is somewhat low to the ground. (I sometimes scrape bottom in driveway gutters) the point where the 29""A" Frame on the plow side attaches to the truck side mount is about one foot further back from the bumper on my F250. So the EZ mount point of attachment must be somewhere close to directly under the bumper. Is this the case why the plow will be one foot longer. (somewhat confused here)

Highpoint: "adjust the A-Frame mount tabs" ??

JD
Old 11-16-2003, 06:53 PM

Whoaa Sorry!
I think I have the EZ-mount. The pump is mounted on a steel tube frame that plugs into the truck side mounting hardware.

I think the terms mounting hardware, frame, "A" frame are confusing me. My warped mind thinks:
1. MOUNTING HARDWARE (MOUNT)= The steel frame attached directly to the truck frame.
2. "A" FRAME = The steel frame (angle iron) attached to the plow.
3. PUMP FRAME = the tube frame that houses the pump and lights.

So if I have the EZ mount. All I need is the mounting hardware that attaches directly to the truck frame for 96' F250. or can I still use mine off my 1988 F250?

Where can I buy?

Sorry
JD
Old 11-16-2003, 07:02 PM

jdolby. I thought that might get you. The tabs I was referring to are the two on the back of the A-frame that actually mount to the truck.

Ok, you DO have the EZ mount. Good deal. All you may need is the truck mount. IF you have the ability to cut and weld, you can use the current mount. The only thing you would maybe have to do is re-work the push beam part. The two parts that mount to the truck frame and the two side pieces should bolt right up.

The best way to figure all this out is to pull the bumpers off and compare.

The lower mount assembly is available for $365.41 +/- plus shipping depending on where you get it. PM me and I'll give you some sources and numbers. Bill
Old 11-16-2003, 07:39 PM

Thanks Bill

Re-fab the truck mount or get a new one. I'll have to wait until I get the new truck. Good news is I have a friend that may be able to re-fab it.

Thanks
John

I PM'ed you for sources.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:44 PM

ez mount for F350

I have a spare EZ mount frame bracket for a F350. If anyone is interested, I will give you a deal you cannot refuse.